Guidelines for Visitors
We are excited to welcome our visitors back to the Center for Wildlife Education and The Lamar Q Ball, Jr. Raptor Center. With your help in following the guidelines set forth, we are confident we will provide a quality and safe experience for everyone who visits the center.
Please read over the following guidelines before visiting. These procedures are modeled from guidance by all established local, University, state and CDC procedures and adapted for our facility at Georgia Southern. Visitors are required to comply with new policies and operations as outlined. We appreciate your cooperation. If you choose not to comply you will be asked to leave the facility.
- If you’re not feeling well or are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 such as cough, shortness of breath or fever please stay home.
- Signage will be installed outside the main building indicating specific entrance and exit routes. Signage and stanchions will be used inside to assist in traffic flow through the main building.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided upon entering the facility and at various locations around the center.
- Spaces are modified to meet state and local social distancing guidelines.
- Face coverings are required while inside the main building. This is in accordance to the University System of Georgia policy requiring all faculty, staff, students and visitors to wear appropriate face coverings while inside campus facilities where social distancing is not always possible. Face covering use will be in addition to and is not a substitute for social distancing. The Center will not supply face coverings.
- We are temporarily suspending our daily programs at the beginning of our reopening phase. Upon continuation, these programs will be conducted either in the lecture hall, at the pavilion or the amphitheater. This decision will depend on the number of visitors as each location will be arranged to follow social distancing guidelines.
- The playground is open. Please read the guidelines posted at the entrance of the playground.
- For updates concerning our on-site group programs please visit our Field Trip page at https://academics.georgiasouthern.edu/wildlife/education/field-trips/ and/or Guided Tour page at https://academics.georgiasouthern.edu/wildlife/education/guidedtour/ .
- For updates concerning our outreach programs please visit our Outreach page at https://academics.georgiasouthern.edu/wildlife/education/outreach/
- The Wildlife Center will have normal operating hours during the week, but will remain closed on Saturdays.
Last updated: 1/12/2021