Campus Life Enrichment Committee (CLEC)
The Campus Life Enrichment Committee (CLEC), funded through the Student Activity Fees budget, reviews and selects for funding campus proposals for cultural programs, campus-wide lectures (general and academic) as well as lectures for individual departments, schools, and colleges. Up to $5,000 may be awarded per event/proposal. The committee may also consider other issues related to the cultural life of the University that may be of concern to the campus and make recommendations to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Membership: The membership of CLEC shall consist of the Vice Provost (or her designee), two faculty members with primary teaching and research/artistic interests in the fine arts or performing arts appointed by the Provost, two faculty members elected at-large, a member of the Student Government Association, and three additional students appointed by the Student Government Association. A chair will be elected from the membership at the first meeting each fall. Faculty terms are for two years beginning on August 1.
Membership (Effective August 2018)
Allen Henderson (CAH) (term ends July 31, 2019)
Jason Hoelscher (CAH) (term ends July 31, 2019)
Fredrick Smith (term end July 31, 2019)
Albani Berryhill (term end July 31, 2019)
Zean Lopez (term end July 31, 2019)
Nia Skelton (term end July 31, 2019)
The two faculty members elected at-large are:
Paul Rodell (CAH) (term ends July 31, 2019)
Pamela Sears (CAH) (term ends July 31, 2020)
Proposals should be submitted via the electronic form during the open call dates. This form can be found at http://tiny.cc/CLECproposals.
The following information is important to the proposal process.
- The clarity of the proposal is very important. Clear, concise proposals provide the members of CLEC with the information needed to make funding decisions.
- The maximum amount of CLEC funds that can be awarded per proposal is $5,000. (CLEC funds cannot be used to purchase food.) Proposals with multiple sources of funding beyond CLEC will be given greater weight.
- An itemized budget must be provided in the proposal – include funds requested from CLEC as well as funds from other sources of funding. This budget will be considered by the committee when reviewing the proposal.
- Please note that each speaker/performer/program/workshop should have a separate proposal. If an event is seeking funds for more than one program/speaker/etc., then more than one proposal should be submitted.
- Students are encouraged to submit proposals; however, please have the faculty advisor of the student organization review the proposal before it is submitted.
Last updated: 8/23/2018