Wings Recycling Program
Wings Recycling Program – in partnership with the Office of Student Activities
When you make your organization event a Green Event, you are taking a step toward helping ensure a more sustainable future for your community!
What does it entail?
Student organizations collect recycling (plastic and aluminum) at events/meetings, document their recycling with pictures, and drop off recycling at a Center for Sustainability designated space.
How it works:
- Complete the receptacle request form for delivery of recycling receptacles or provide your own bags/recycling station. We only collect narrow-necked, plastic bottles 1 & 2 and/or aluminum cans for the Wings recycling program.
– A recycling receptacle (you pick, aluminum cans, plastic bottles, or both!)
– A recycling bag to collect the recycling
- Document the use of recycling receptacles with pictures of someone from your group actively recycling or of the recycling collected at the event. You will not receive Wings points if you do not complete the following within two weeks of your event/meeting:
A. Send photo(s) to the Center for Sustainability (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line: Wings Recycling Program.
B. Tag us in a social media post or newsletter/email announcement:
– Instagram @gasouthernsustainability
– Twitter @CfS_GSU
- After the event, collect the recycling bags and bring them to be deposited into bins in a designated space near the Natural Sciences building (this information will be shared once you have contacted the Center for Sustainability about your event). Please write the name of your organization on the bag, we will be measuring how much each organization recycles throughout the semester.
What do you get out of this?
3 pts per semester total for Wings points.
Helping reduce the amount of trash produced and being sent to a landfill. You will be contributing by protecting the environment, conserving natural resources, and sustaining the planet for future generations.
Last updated: 2/27/2019