Nursing Entrance Exam
Nursing Entrance Test
Offered in Savannah & Statesboro
Four options for taking the HESI A2 Exam
- Group Appointment
- Scheduled Appointment (on-demand)
- Remote Testing with Prometric Center
The Evolve Reach Admission Assessment (HESI A2) is required for admission to Georgia Southern University’s School of Nursing. This computer-based test, also known as HESI, is timed at 4 1/2 hours with required areas: (click here for details on each section)
- Math (55-questions, 50 minutes),
- Reading Comprehension (55-questions, 60 minutes),
- Grammar (55-questions, 50 minutes),
- Vocabulary & General Knowledge (55-questions, 50 minutes)
- Anatomy & Physiology (30 questions, 25 minutes)
Students may take the exam twice per calendar year with at least 30-day between attempts. Physical calculators are not allowed but one is built into the test.
Students applying to other institutions must know what sections are required for admissions. To learn more about the admissions into the School of Nursing or the Admissions Assessment, see School of Nursing Admissions website.
Note: Some nursing programs will not accept scores if you do not test through their testing center and other programs will only accept if you have applied for the Georgia Southern Nursing Program. Please check with your program to make sure the other institution will accept your scores if you test at Georgia Southern University prior to paying. There are no refunds after you submit your registration fees.
Students may purchase study guides directly from Evolve.
Registration & Payment
Registration Fee: $60.00 fee for the scheduled testing date (credit card, debit card, or web check only)
How to register for a group appointment? Register for a group appointment through Georgia Southern University Office of Testing Services Marketplace. Then select Group Appointment and your preferred testing location. Review the testing dates and select the preferred testing date and time. Group appointments are offered monthly and more regularly at the end of the semester and before the nursing application deadline.
Once the exam date is filled you will no longer be able to register for that date through Marketplace. There are no refunds after you have submitted your payment.
Registration Fee: $70.00 (Monday – Friday Only)
How to schedule an appointment? Testers can schedule an appointment to take the HESI Exam Monday through Friday between 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, based on lab availability. To schedule an appointment, you must first contact your preferred Testing Office to schedule a testing date and time prior to paying for the exam at the Office of Testing Services Marketplace.
Note: Some nursing programs will not accept scores if you do not test through their testing center. Please check with the other programs to make sure your HESI scores will be accepted, prior to paying. There are no refunds after you submit your registration fees.
Testing through ProctorU is another option for students to test from home. Testers must first register for the exam through the Office of Testing Services Marketplace and click on the ProctorU link. After registering for the exam, the Office of Testing Services – Statesboro Campus will send a follow-up email with instructions on how to register with ProctorU.
Georgia Southern University Nursing Program will accept HESI scores from Elsevier for exams taken at other testing centers. If there are no testing centers in your area, you are able to take the HESI exam through a Prometric Testing Center. Here are the steps to take the exam through a Prometric Testing Center:
- Create an Evolve student account at https://evolve.elsevier.com.
- To register for a distance testing exam. Log into your Evolve Account and click on Student Access. Next, click on Distance Testing Tab > Register for a Distance Exam. Complete the required information, check box, and click the submit button. For item 2 use the GEORGIA SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT ID: 199470 (Make sure the first and last name you use is the same as the government issued photo identification at the testing center.)
- You will receive an email Confirmation Notice indicating that you may schedule your exam. Please carefully review the information contained in your Confirmation Notice. If your name is wrong or it has changed, you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive your Eligibility ID within 1 – 3 business days from our receipt of your eligibility request. Please add the following email address to your email’s safe sender to avoid delays: email@example.com. Then follow the directions to schedule your exam through a Prometric Testing Center.
Savannah testing will take place in Memorial College Center Room 2006. In Statesboro, testing will take place either in Cone Hall Room 2002 or in Nursing/Chemistry Room 1003.
Registered testers will receive an email reminder five days prior to testing. All visitors to campus must contact the Office of Testing Services for a parking pass for their campus testing location if testing Monday through Friday at least 72 hours in advance. Click here for directions on either campus.
If you are a Georgia Southern University student who receives accommodated testing through the Student Accessibility Resource Center (SARC), you are eligible to have your HESI Admission Assessment (A2) administered with your accommodations. Please contact the Office of Testing Services- Statesboro at 912-478-5415 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or Savannah at 912-344-2582 or via e-mail at email@example.com to learn how to register for accommodated testing. You must contact the office at least two weeks prior to testing to receive your accommodations.
If you are not a Georgia Southern University student and receive accommodated testing through your home institution, you must provide paperwork on letterhead from your institution’s designated office with your approved accommodation prior to registering. This cannot be a letter from your high school concerning your accommodations.
Only testers with approved accommodations through their institution of higher education can receive accommodated testing.
Picture Identification Required for All Tests
Please make sure you bring an acceptable ID
Acceptable IDs are a valid state driver’s license, passport, or other government-issued photo identifications.
(Not accepted: Eagle ID’s, check cashing cards, picture credit cards, Sam’s cards, etc.)
For additional information, please contact:
|Office of Testing Services- Statesboro|
Cone Hall Room 2004 | PO Box 8132
2254 Southern Drive
Statesboro, GA 30460-8132
|Office of Testing Services - Savannah (Armstrong Campus)
Memorial College Center, Room 206
11935 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31419
Last updated: 10/28/2020