Savannah and Statesboro Campuses
Georgia Southern University Statesboro and Savannah campus administer eCore proctored exams. To schedule at either campus, register through your eCore class. Follow the directions for scheduling a face-to-face proctoring session.
The eCore program allows students to take online core curriculum classes instead of or in addition to the traditional classes taught on campus. To learn more about eCore or to complete the required New Student Information Quiz to schedule eCore classes through your student registration system see the eCore website.
While the eCore students do not appear in a classroom for a specified time period but instead fulfill their course obligations from a computer to which they have access, they are REQUIRED to take at least one but often two proctored exams. These exams must be administered at an approved testing site according to the time frame for testing provided by the eCore Center at the University of West Georgia.
The Georgia Southern University Savannah and Statesboro Testing Centers are an approved eCore testing site and will administer eCore midterms and finals for those examinees wishing to test here. The steps to schedule an eCore exam are simple:
- At the beginning of the semester, identify whether your eCore class has a proctored midterm, a proctored final, or both. This information should be on your course syllabus. Be sure to note the deadlines established for making your testing appointments. Also, be aware of the session in which you are enrolled; some eCore courses are taught as full session classes and others as short session classes.
- Registration for eCore exams is done through your GoView account. You must navigate to your GoVIEW course in order to set up your proctored exam. You will find the widget on your course home page. For more information see your course syllabus or the Course Resources Content module.
- At the Statesboro Testing Office, there is a $20.00 fee for each eCore exam that is administer. This fee, payable by debit/credit card or web check, is non-refundable at the Office of Testing Services Marketplace. Selected Proctored Exam and then eCore Fee. At the Savannah Testing Office, there is a $20 fee for each eCore exam that is administered. The fee, payable by debit/credit card or web check, is non-refundable at the Georgia Southern Office of Testing Services Marketplace.
- Valid photo I.D. (Driver’s License, School ID, Military ID, or passport) is required for testing.
- All eCore exams are computer-based; examinees are required to enter their GoView usernames and passwords.
- Examinees who are late or who miss their scheduled appointment, regardless of the reason, must reschedule through SmarterProctoring.
- Examinees are responsible for knowing what materials their eCore instructors permit in the testing room and bringing those materials to the testing site.
- Examinees are expected to abide by the institution’s academic integrity policy. Those who violate the policy will be reported.
For more information contact the testing center location:
|Office of Testing Services- Statesboro|
Cone Hall Room 2004 | PO Box 8132
2254 Southern Drive
Statesboro, GA 30460-8132
| ||Office of Testing Services - Savannah (Armstrong Campus)
Memorial College Center, Room 206
11935 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31419
Last updated: 1/10/2020