(formerly DANTES Standardized Subject Test)
Offered in Savannah & Statesboro Campus
DSST (DANTES Subject Standardized Tests) — These two-hour computer-based tests are available in thirty-seven subject areas of business, physical sciences, humanities, social sciences and applied technology, and are for students interested in earning college credit for material they already know. For additional information about DSST click here.
Broken into two payments:
Payment 1: $20 per exam (Statesboro); $25 (Savannah) (nonrefundable registration fee – check, money order, or cashier’s check, made payable to Georgia Southern University)
Payment 2: $85 per exam (due at log-in, payable to DSST by credit/debit card only)(effective January 1, 2018)
All eligible military personnel and eligible civilian employees: DSST exams are funded by the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) and are free. Test takers are responsible for the Georgia Southern University administration fee.
DSST Exams are administered by appointment between 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, based on availability. To schedule your DSST exam, contact the preferred testing office:
- To test in Savannah, call 912-344-2582 or email email@example.com, to schedule your testing date Monday through Friday, based on availability.
- To test in Statesboro, call 912-478-5415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, to schedule your testing date.
To Pay the Administrative Fee
Only credit cards, checks, money orders, and cashiers checks are accepted. Checks should be made payable to Georgia Southern University. An exam reservation will not be made for you till the administrative fee is received by the Office of Testing Services at least one week prior to the date you would like to take the exam. To pay with a credit card, follow the directions:
- Go to Georgia Southern Testing Office Marketplace.
- Select the Campus for Testing, Statesboro Campus or Savannah Campus.
- Select Proctored|eCore|CLEP/DSST Exam Fee
- Select CLEP/DSST Exam
- Select 1 and add to cart
- Input the information and add DSST for list of Exams and your Eagle ID (if applicable)
- Select Continue
- The review your order and if correct, select Checkout
- Input your e-mail address and select continue unregistered
- Input your credit card information
- Select Continue
- Confirm payment
- Print your receipt and bring with you to testing
Day of Exam
Bring your official photo identification (student ID’s cannot be accepted), your receipt for the $20 administrative fee, and credit card to pay the DSST Exam fee.
- In Statesboro, testing is offered in Cone Hall Room 2004.
- In Savannah, testing is offered in Memorial College Center (MCC) Building, Room 206.
All non-Georgia Southern University students will need to get a visitor parking pass. Visitors must request a parking pass at the time of registering for the exam.
Click here to see the DSST Exam Georgia Southern University currently accepts.
Upon arrival to the Testing Office, a valid photo ID with a signature must be presented. Military personnel and government-funded civilians MUST present a current military identification card and a second form of government-issued photo ID with signature. Acceptable forms of primary ID include:
- Current driver’s license
- State or federal ID card
- Current passport
- Military ID with photo and signature
- Tribal ID
- Naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
Acceptable forms of secondary ID include:
- Employee photo ID
- College ID
- Credit/Debit Card
- Social Security Card
- Military ID with signature only
- Unused ID form the primary choices above
If a passing score is not obtained, the test may be repeated after three months. If a test is repeated before the three month waiting period is ended, test scores will be invalid and all fees forfeited.
For additional information, please contact:
|Office of Testing Services- Statesboro|
Cone Hall Room 2004 | PO Box 8132
2254 Southern Drive
Statesboro, GA 30460-8132
|Office of Testing Services - Savannah (Armstrong Campus)
Memorial College Center, Room 206
11935 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31419
Last updated: 3/20/2020