Offered in Savannah & Statesboro
First-year students applying to Georgia Southern University for the spring, summer, and fall 2021 semesters can be admitted without an ACT or SAT score, if they have a sufficiently high GPA. This is yet another way Georgia Southern is adapting to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Prospective first-year students must meet one of the following admission criteria:
2.6+ unweighted GPA with no test scores
2.5+ unweighted GPA with 1030+ SAT or 20+ ACT
Requirements include satisfactory completion of the Required High School Curriculum and all other requested documentation. For more information contact the Office of Admissions at 912-478-5391 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University System of Georgia authorized this change.
This test is given only to candidates seeking admission to Georgia Southern University when there is no convenient National ACT date available or to improve their scores slightly. Candidates must have already submitted an admissions applications prior to testing. The ACT-R score can only be used at Georgia Southern University. There is no transcript service maintained on ACT-R scores. You must apply to Georgia Southern University prior to testing.
- The ACT-R can only be taken every 60 days.
- The exam is 4 hours consisting of four subject areas of English, mathematics, reading, and science.
- Your ACT – Residual Scores will be sent to the Georgia Southern Admissions Office within two (2) days of the test administrations.
- Examinees must bring several sharpened #2 pencils and a calculator.
- Examinees must apply for Admissions to Georgia Southern University prior to the testing date. If the examinee has not applied for admission to Georgia Southern University, they will not be eligible to take the exam. For information concerning Admissions, visit the Admissions website.
- For information or questions concerning the ACT or the National ACT Exam, review the information on the ACT website.
Registration & Fees
Group Exam Fee: $65.00
Scheduled Appointment: $75.00
You must apply to Georgia Southern University prior to testing.
Credit Card/Web Check: Payment for the exam can be received through a credit card or web check at the Office of Testing Services Marketplace for both the group or private appointments. For group appointments, the Testing Office must receive your registration form and payment must be received by the registration deadline.
For scheduled appointments, you must call to schedule the appointment. If you are registering late for a group appointment, you must pay with a check or money order. If you have any questions concerning paying online, please contact the office for Savannah call 912-344-2582 and for Statesboro call 912-478-5415.
All testing dates have been canceled but students can schedule an exam by appointment. Appointments must be made at least three weeks prior to testing to order the materials.
Picture Identification Required for All Tests
Please make sure you bring an acceptable ID
Acceptable IDs are a valid state driver’s license, student ID or passport.
(Not accepted: check cashing cards, picture credit cards, Sam’s cards, etc.)
For additional information, please contact:
|Office of Testing Services- Statesboro|
Cone Hall Room 2004 | PO Box 8132
2254 Southern Drive
Statesboro, GA 30460-8132
|Office of Testing Services - Savannah (Armstrong Campus)
Memorial College Center, Room 206
11935 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31419
Last updated: 10/27/2020