GSU 1000: Academic Improvement Coaching
Students on Academic Intervention will work with a Success Coach from the Academic Success Center. Your Success Coach is not here to replace your Academic Advisor. Your Success Coach will be able to give you more individualized attention to help you with your academics overall. Your Academic Advisor will help you navigate requirements specific to your major.
Students are expected to:
- Plan and implement an Academic Improvement Plan (AIP) for each semester your total institution GPA is less than a 2.0
- Communicate regularly with your Success Coach in one-on-one sessions, group sessions, e-mail, and online as agreed upon between you and your Success Coach
- Take advantage of resources available to help you succeed more than you would on your own
Success Coaches are expected to:
- Help students plan and implement an AIP that is unique to their needs
- Be knowledgeable about campus resources and procedures to help student navigate university expectations
- Communicate regularly with students about resources and provide constructive feedback to help students succeed
Academic Intervention Policy: A student with a total institutional GPA less than 2.0 will be placed on academic intervention until the total institutional GPA is 2.0 or higher. The student must complete an Academic Improvement Plan (AIP) under guidance of an assigned university official (a Success Coach). The AIP is developed by the student and the university official and may include, but is not limited to, participation in class meetings, workshops, assessments, and 1:1 progress meetings. If a student appeals academic suspension, failure to complete the AIP may weigh negatively toward the decision made by the Academic Standards Committee.
A student is not in good standing if their total institution GPA is less than a 2.0. For each semester where the total institution GPA is less than a 2.0, the student’s standing is as follows:
Warning 1 (W1)
Probation 1 (P1)
Suspension 1 (E1): sit out for two consecutive fifteen-week semesters
Warning 2 (W2)
Probation 2 (P2)
Suspension 2 (E2): sit out for three years
For more information, contact your Success Coach or refer to the Academic Standing Policy here.
Last updated: 6/26/2019