STUDENT ATHLETE SERVICES
Student Athlete Services Purpose
• The Student-Athlete Services center provides academic success through various avenues. We are committed to academic success and performance, and providing resources to facilitate that through mentoring, study hall hours, academic advising, tutors, and learning specialist.
• Develop student-athletes at Georgia Southern University to become global leaders who are equipped with the tools to be successful in life after sport.
• Develop, retain and graduate student-athletes from Georgia Southern University by creating a support structure that fosters student success, promotes independence and encourages a commitment to lifelong learning.
• Integrity: We are committed to INTEGRITY and seek to act with honesty and strong moral principles
• Diversity: We believe in creating an environment that promotes DIVERSITY by valuing the opinions, ideas and experiences of individuals from various backgrounds.
• Collaboration: We believe in a foundation of COLLABORATION across the campus community to create a support system that enhances student-athlete welfare and academic success.
• Growth and Development: We are committed to establishing an environment that fosters student and professional GROWTH and DEVELOPMENT.
• Positive Engagement: We seek to develop POSITIVE ENGAGEMENT of student-athletes in the learning process and as leaders in the campus community.
Below is all you need to know about Cone Hall
• 1st Floor is Student-Athlete Services
• 2nd Floor is where the Academic Success Center & Student Accessibility Resource Center is Located
• 10 Staff member
• 18 Study/Tutor Rooms
• 50 Computers with free Printing
• 60 Tutors & Mentors (we average 450 tutoring appointments a week)
• A Spacious Lobby
Hours of Operation
• During the Academic Year (Spring and Fall Semesters
Sunday 3:00 pm-8:00 pm
Monday-Thursday 7:30 am-8:00 pm
Friday 7:30 am -12:00pm