Information for New Programs
Participating programs commit to:
- Including writing-enriched SLOs in its program’s SLOs which align with Think in Ink
- Offering three courses:
- At least two of the three courses are required courses; ideally, all should be required.
- Two courses should be sequential (sophomore to junior, etc.).
- Should a program not be able to accommodate the two-course sequence given the nature of the program’s plan of study, exceptions can be approved by the QEP Director and/or the Implementation Committee.
- Including all sections of multiple-section courses in the initiative.
- Assessing both Think in Ink SLOs in its annual program assessment cycle by using at least two writing-enriched assignments:
- SLO 1:
- Individual faculty members evaluate students’ work using their own program-level rubric;
- A team from the program review a sampling from the last assignment from all sections of the course(s) taught.
- SLO 2:
- Individual faculty members track students’ engagement in process-writing in each course (method selected by the program).
- Contributing to the university-level assessment process by:
- Providing two Writing Enriched assignments to email@example.com by appropriate deadlines; and,
- A faculty representative from the Think in Ink courses participating in the summer university-level assessment retreat, on a rotating basis.
Last updated: 11/8/2018
Quality Enhancement Plan • PO Box 8080 • Statesboro, GA 30460 • firstname.lastname@example.org