July23, 2021: Faculty Contract Announcement
At Georgia Southern University, we believe in growing ourselves so we can grow others. As shown by the recent budgeting process that prioritized funding for faculty and staff salaries, we are investing in our people so we can continue transforming lives, impacting our students, and bettering the communities we serve.
Faculty contracts and market equity letters will be distributed electronically early next week. The market equity letter will be available in the MyGeorgiaSouthern portal. Here are several important things to remember related to the faculty salary study:
• No one’s salary was reduced in the process.
• Market equity adjustments are not based on performance. They are based on the comparison of salaries by individuals in similar ranks and disciplines (according to CIP codes) across peer institutions.
• The goal for this market review was to bring faculty salaries to at least 83.995% of peer median.
• Market equity increases for 10-month faculty begin August 1, 2021, and July 1, 2021, for 12-month faculty.
Faculty contracts will be available in OneUSG Connect. Faculty will be able to sign and submit the contracts electronically. Instructions for obtaining and signing faculty contracts:
• Log into OneUSG Connect
• Click on Employee Self Service
• Choose Faculty Data Self Service in the dropdown menu
• Click the Faculty Contracts tile
• Review instructions for completing the contract
• Click View Contract to review the terms of your contract
• Click Sign Contract to open the signature page
• In the Name box, type your name exactly as it appears
• Click Save
• The Faculty Contracts page will display the Signed Date/Time. The status will be updated to “Signed/Frozen.”
Thank you for your continued service to Georgia Southern University.
Carl L. Reiber, Ph.D.
Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs
Last updated: 8/13/2021