Summer & Break Programs
2018-2019 Program Options
Browse through the full list of programs offered by Georgia Southern.
These programs are available to all Georgia Southern students on each campus. Please contact us at email@example.com or visit our Student Resources page for any additional questions and information about applications, costs, credits, and scholarship opportunities.
Georgia Southern University helps faculty build and develop summer and break study abroad programs around the world in a variety of academic fields. Courses on these programs are taught by Georgia Southern faculty in English.
- Argentina (Art)
- Brazil (Sociology, International Studies, & Chemistry)
- Caribbean (Political Science & International Studies)
- Chile (Physics & Astronomy) CLOSED
- China (History & International Studies)
- Costa Rica (Nursing)
- Cuba (Sociology)
- Ecuador: Biological Field Experience (Biology)
- Germany (Mechanical Engineering)
- Ghana (Public Health)
- Hong Kong (Business) CLOSED
- Ireland (Literature & Religious Studies)
- Italy: Lucca (Biology, Geography, Geology & Kinesiology)
- Italy: Milan, Verona, and Rome (Business) WAITLIST
- Italy: Verona, Siena, and Venice (Writing, Rehabilitation, & Culture) CLOSED
- Italy: Verona, Florence, and Venice (Nursing and Healthcare) CLOSED
- Romania (Physics and Astronomy) extended deadline-limited seats available
- Trinidad & Tobago (International Studies)
Language Immersion Programs
Georgia Southern University offers summer immersive language programs abroad to complement its on-campus offerings. Students at all levels of language – from beginning to advanced – are encouraged to participate on these programs and commitment to using the language of the program location full-time.
The European Council of the University System of Georgia sponsors large, multi-disciplinary summer study programs for students in popular locations in Europe, including St. Petersburg, Berlin, Madrid, Paris, Waterford, and London.
In courses taught largely by faculty from Georgia colleges and universities, students blend classroom experiences with group and individual travel as they earn academic credit at their home institutions. This is a consortium among University System of Georgia schools. Valdosta State administers the application and payment logistics, but students from Georgia Southern do NOT attend the program as transient students.
- EC London (England)
- EC Paris (France)
- EC Berlin (Germany)
- EC Waterford (Ireland)
- EC St. Petersburg (Russia)
- EC Edinburgh (Scotland)
- EC Madrid (Spain)
Other Consortium Programs within the USG
Georgia Southern sometimes has direct affiliations with other University System of Georgia schools. While Georgia Southern faculty sometimes participate on these programs, students can expect to have faculty from other USG institutions in the state of Georgia. These options can be found below:
Non-Credit Bearing Programs
Alternative Break Programs
Study Away Programs- Domestic Travel Opportunities
- Washington D.C. (Political Science)
Last updated: 3/11/2019