Applying to Georgia Southern
If you are not a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident, you will apply to Georgia Southern as an international student, regardless of your program level. The Office of International Programs & Services works closely with the Office of Admissions to help communicate with international students regarding admissions requirements for freshman, transfer, and graduate students.
- Even though you can apply for admission up until the deadline, applying sooner is better! This will provide you with enough time to obtain your student visa.
- Visit our website page on How to Apply for an I-20/DS-2019 for more information on the visa process. Remember – you can submit your I-20/DS-2019 documents before being admitted in order to speed the process.
- Please send all I-20/DS-2019 documents at the same time in order to ease and speed up the issuing process.
- Deadlines for I-20 Requests:
- Students beginning in Summer (May) : April 15
- Students beginning in Fall (August): July 1
- Students beginning in Spring (January): December 1
If you have specific questions about the admission process or need assistance with applying, please contact the appropriate person for your program type.
Last updated: 12/18/2018