Current Georgia Southern Students
Admission Requirements for Current Student Applicants
The University Honors Program seeks scholars interested in research, change agents interested in engaging local and global communities, and individuals seeking to explore their curiosity and express their creativity. All students who participate in the Honors Program participate in challenging classes, engage in experiential learning activities, and complete an Honors Thesis based on research in their discipline.
To be eligible a student must have:
- Earned at least 15 GSU hours prior to the semester in which they are to be admitted
- A 3.3 or higher institutional GPA
- Enough remaining time to degree completion to allow for completion of departmental honors course requirements and the Honors Thesis
- Letter of recommendation from a Georgia Southern faculty member
- A complete application with answers to questions about academic goals, experiential learning, and the Honors Thesis
Admission is competitive as we have many more strong applicants than available spaces in the Program.
All complete applications submitted at the priority deadline will be reviewed and decisions will be made later that month, in time to take advantage of Honors Priority Registration. All complete applications submitted after the priority deadline but before the final deadline will be reviewed in time to join, if accepted, in the following semester.
Fall term admission deadlines:
Priority -March 1 | Final – May 15
Spring term admission deadlines:
Priority -October 1 | Final – December 15
Last updated: 6/22/2020