A Note on our Campus Going Online this Spring
You may have heard that Georgia Southern University, like all University System of Georgia institutions, moved classes online this spring. We want you to know that our office is still open and available online. You may reach any of the Honors Program staff at their email addresses.
|Statesboro Campus||Armstrong Campus|
|Dr. Steven Engel, Director|
|Dr. Jonathan Roberts, Associate Director firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Francis Desiderio, Associate Director email@example.com||Sarah McHugh, Honors Advisor |
|Erin Martin, Honors Advising Coordinator |
|Sue Guadagno, Senior Administrative Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org|||
Information for accepted incoming first-year students for fall 2020:
Incoming freshmen who have applied to the University Honors Program for either the Statesboro or Armstrong campuses should have received a letter sent to their postal address with an admission decision for fall 2020.
Incoming freshmen accepted to the University Honors Program will need to take care of the following items outlined below.
Have you been offered a place in the University Honors Program for the fall semester?
If so, please complete the following steps by May 1
- Accept our offer via the link listed in your acceptance letter or sent in a follow-up email
- Sign up for SOAR
- Complete SOAR 1000
Doing all these things as soon as possible will allow us to start preparing for your participation in Honors Program courses and also insure that you receive all the Honors Program messages throughout this spring and summer.
If you plan to live in the Honors Living Learning Community on either the Statesboro or Armstrong campuses, you will need to follow these steps:
- Complete your Housing application at this site: gsuhousing.com/apply
- Indicate interest in the LLC on the supplemental Residential Learning Communities application
- Once you accept your offer to join the University Housing Program, you will be invited to join the Living-Learning Community. You must follow the instructions provided by University Housing to be assigned a room in the community.
More details about the Honors Living Learning Community and Housing here!
As a first-year Honors student, you have the option to live in the Honors Living-Learning Community (LLC) located in Centennial Place (Statesboro Campus) or Windward Commons (Armstrong Campus).
By living surrounded by other students just as dedicated to their academic pursuits, your drive to succeed will be fueled and matched. Lifelong friendships and networks are formed in the residence halls, and living in the Honors Community will give you proximity to your classmates from honors courses as you form study groups, hold movie nights, or just hang out and debate the big ideas until the wee hours.
We want the Honors Living Learning Community to be your new home, not to replace the one you left behind but rather to welcome you to your life as a scholar. Students like you thrive in these types of environments.
In order to join the Honors Living-Learning Community you will need to:
1) Complete your Housing application at this site: gsuhousing.com/apply
2) Indicate interest in the LLC on the supplemental Residential Learning Communities application
3) Once you accept your offer to join the University Housing Program, you will be invited to join the Living-Learning Community. You must follow the instructions provided by University Housing to be assigned a room in the community.
Housing will do their best to reserve you a place in the LLC if you complete your Housing application and University Honors Program Offer Acceptance Form by May 1, 2020, however space is limited and University Housing has their own deadlines to consider.
*Note: The Honors Living-Learning Community has its own requirements for participants which are located on the Residential Learning Communities application through University Housing. To be assigned, you must follow the steps above and agree to the requirements of the community through the application listed above.
Last updated: 4/10/2020