EC Berlin, Germany
APPLY NOW!! (Deadline: March 1, 2019)
MAKE A PAYMENT
Berlin, Germany: June 27 – July 31, 2019 (Summer Term B)
Join faculty and students from across the University System of Georgia for a 5-week adventure in Berlin, Germany! Students will spend Term B living, studying, and exploring a country globally renowned for its history, power, and cultural influence in Europe. Stay at the Akademie Hotel, use the metro to explore the city and its surrounds, and travel outward to the Polish border to experience the German relationship with Eastern Europe.
Students will spend two days per week in the classroom, attend class field trips two days per week, and have several free 3-day weekends. All students will be registered for classes through Georgia Southern and receive Georgia Southern credits. It is mandatory to register for at least 6 credit hours while on this program.
The 5-week program cost is $5,300.00 (tentative) and includes the following:
- Roundtrip airfare between Atlanta and Berlin
- Round-trip transportation from the airport to the hotel on private bus
- Accommodations at the Akademie Hotel for the full five weeks
- Day trip to Warnemünde and Wittenberg
- Berlin city tour on arrival weekend
- An arrival dinner and farewell party/dinner
- Breakfast everyday and lunch 2 days per week
- Travel pass for the metro and bus system in Berlin
- ISIC card providing reduced admission to tourist sites
- A primary health insurance policy providing coverage for medical expenses
The program cost does not include: Georgia Southern tuition and fees for course enrollment, personal shopping or travel expenses, or food/meals beyond the allotment provided. HOPE and other forms of financial aid are available for students participating on summer study abroad. Contact the Office of Financial Aid at 912.478.5413 to learn more.
What will you earn credit for at Georgia Southern? Use this guide to help you select the courses you need. Georgia Southern course numbers are listed in italics.
Beginning German I – GRMN 1001: Elementary German I
World Literature II – ENGL 2112: World Literature II (ENGL 1102 pre-requisite)
Western Civilization II – HIST 1112: World Civilization II
Corrections – TBD
Human Language – LING 2230: Introduction to Human Language
Intermediate German I – GRMN 2001: Intermediate German I
Life as a Caberet- ENGL 5090: Life as a Caberet
History of Nazi Germany – HIST 3030: History of Nazi Germany
Survey of Criminology – TBD
To learn more about the program, payment schedules and deadlines, read course descriptions, and apply, visit the program website.
Last updated: 9/15/2015