CWP 1000 Conversations with Professors
Georgia Southern faculty are deeply committed to the success of all students. Conversations with Professors (CWP 1000) engages faculty with new incoming students the weekend before classes start.
Specific topics covered include:
- Understanding the importance of a syllabus
- The role of faculty in student learning and success
- Important academic dates such as drop/add and the last day to withdraw without academic penalty
- Academic resources for student success
- How to evaluate and improve upon test and assignment performance
- Developing relationships with faculty that help students navigate college
All students new to college are enrolled into a section of Conversations with Professors. It appears on student schedules as “CWP 1000.” View “Concise Student Schedule” in WINGS for details about your assigned section and room. For more information or to learn more ways to get involved with Conversations with Professors, contact Dr. Chris Caplinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 12/16/2021