FYE 1000 Conversations with Professors
Georgia Southern faculty are deeply committed to the success of all students. Conversations with Professors is one of many opportunities for faculty to engage with new incoming students prior to the beginning of the fall semester. During this meeting, students will have the opportunity to hear success tips for the first week of class, discuss expectations of faculty and students, and develop strategies for successful academic engagement.
Topics covered will include:
- Understanding the importance of a syllabus
- The role of faculty in student learning and success
- Important academic dates such as drop/add and the last day to withdraw without academic penalty
- Academic resources for student success
- Tips for the first week of class
All students new to college are enrolled into a section of Conversations with Professors, which meets the day before classes start. It will appear on student schedules as “FYE 1000.” View “Concise Student Schedule” in WINGS for details about your assigned section. For more information or to learn more ways to get involved with Conversations with Professors, contact Dr. Christopher Caplinger firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 7/22/2020