Faculty members are a valued part of the Georgia Southern community, serving as mentors for generations of students. We’ve gathered resources on this page to support faculty at every stage of their careers at the University.
Thank you for your interest in Georgia Southern University! Use the first link below to review open faculty positions. To help us comply with federal data collecting requirements, we ask that you take a moment to download and complete the AA/EO Data Request Card at the link below for each search to which you have applied. Completed forms are automatically entered into a Google spreadsheet, are not used in any employment decisions, and will not affect your candidacy. Thank you again for your interest and help!!
Policies and forms to manage faculty appointments.
Established in 1985, Georgia Southern University’s Awards for Excellence Program recognizes and rewards faculty for exceptional achievements and provides opportunities for faculty development. Recipients must be nominated by their colleagues or students and are selected through a peer review process by several standing committees of the Faculty Senate.
Major Faculty Evaluations
Major faculty evaluations for promotion and/or tenure are initiated and conducted through Sharepoint (using Internet Explorer).
- Submitting Promotion and Tenure Documents
- Student Ratings of Instruction (forthcoming)
- Timetable for Promotion and Tenure Review
- Types of Faculty Evaluation (link to table in Handbook)
- Tenure Guidelines (link to Handbook, section 310)
- Promotion Guidelines (link to Handbook, section 311)
- Appeals (link to Handbook, section 313)
- Lecturers and Senior Lecturers (link to Handbook, section 316)
- Pre-Tenure Review (link to Handbook, section 308)
- Post-Tenure Review (link to Handbook, section 312)
- Request Extension of Tenure Clock Review Process (FMLA, Sickness, etc.) – (Policy) (link to Handbook, section 309)
Please see Digital Commons for a complete listing of University policies.
- Board of Regents, University System of Georgia
- Board of Regents Policy Manual
- University System of Georgia Academic and Student Affairs Handbook
Handbooks & Bylaws
- 2018-2019 Faculty Handbook (current)
(need to make this an indexed PDF with focusable links, or create website section)
- 2017-2018 Faculty Handbook
- 2016-2017 Faculty Handbook
- 2015-2016 Faculty Handbook
- 2014-2015 Faculty Handbook
- 2013-2014 Faculty Handbook
- 2013-2018 Armstrong State University Faculty Handbook
Please be sure you are using the current Search documents. If you are having difficulty viewing the correct files, you may need to clear your temporary Internet files or try a different browser.
- Faculty Search Procedures
- Sample Letter Matrix
- Recruitment Plan and Screening Review Form
- AA/EO Data Request Card
- Recommendation for Campus Interview
- Employment Approval Form
- Applicant Flow Report
- Required Faculty Appointment Paperwork
- Ad Template for Full-Time, Regular Fall 2019 Hires
- Abbreviated Ad Template for Full-Time, Regular Fall 2019 Hires
- Effective Fall 2019 Letters
Last updated: 6/18/2021