Teaching with Folio
Folio is Georgia Southern University’s branded version of the D2L Brightspace learning management system. It allows faculty to share resources with, collect assignments from, provide feedback to, and update grades for students in courses across modalities. It also allows faculty to administer fully online courses.
The Faculty Center offers regular training events on Folio features, as well as other teaching and learning tools. To schedule a one-on-one consultation with an Instructional Designer please submit a myhelp ticket (select faculty center).
- Teaching Online with Folio: If you are teaching completely online using Folio or required to take teaching online courses workshop, this is the place to go.
- Folio Template: The Folio Template provides a structural foundation for online course consisting of editable web-based pages as well as a set of course tools, like discussion forums and assignments.
- Folio Jumpstart Guide: Here you can find guidance on how to begin to build a learning module for an online course.
- Faculty Center YouTube Channel: Watch and subscribe to our YouTube channel where you can watch Folio and teaching support videos. When you subscribe you will be notified when we upload a new video.
- Folio One-Page Guides: One-page instructions geared toward the basics inside an online course, including pedagogical best practices, workload management, and more.
- Folio Official Resources:Access step-by-step tutorials on Folio tools, integrations, and pedagogy.
- Cross-Listing: Combine two or more sections into one Folio course. Content in cross-listed, sections including student work and grades, will be deleted and cannot be restored. Request cross-listing as early in the semester as possible. Cross-listing for each semester begins six weeks prior to the start of the semester, and no cross-listing will be completed after the second week of classes. Submit a request for Cross-Listing (these requests are managed by Learning Technology Support).
- Folio Student Enrollment: Contact Learning Technology Support (LTS) by submitting Folio Student Enrollment Request Form.
- Folio Publisher or Product Integrations: Contact Learning Technology Support by submitting a request from Publisher or Product Integrations.
Last updated: 12/9/2022