For Graduate students who have been appointed as a Teaching Assistant, Level 2 (TA2), congratulations on your appointment. Before you begin your work as a TA2, you must complete the Faculty Center’s TA2 Training program.
The TA2 Training program is an asynchronous online training conducted each semester through Folio. Enrollment for the current online training will be open from August 5, 2023 to October 20, 2023.
- Allow two business days after registering to see the TA2 training in your Folio course sites.
- You will receive a separate email inviting you to the online component.
Module 1: Planning Course Design
The Planning Course Design module covers: Mapping your course, Lesson planning, and the Alignment of assignment instructions.
Module 2: Building a Course
The Building a Course module covers: Selecting course content, Assessing learning, Promoting academic integrity, andDeveloping a communication plan.
Module 3: Teaching a Course
The Teaching a Course module covers: Engaging and motivating students, Fostering effective discussion, Being a present instructor, and Helping students succeed.
Module 4: Optimizing Your Course with Campus Technologies
The Optimizing Your Course with Campus Technologies module covers: Leveraging Folio modules, Recording videos, and Utilizing feedback technologies.
- You may complete the online training at your own pace during the training window.
- You will need pass the assignments and complete all activities with an 85% or higher to pass the TA2 training.
- You will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Last updated: 10/24/2023