Are you looking for new ideas to try in your course? Do you have a teaching question or problem to discuss? Would you like feedback on some element of your course design or course materials? Your colleagues in the Faculty Center are here to provide you with the resources and support you need to build your knowledge of best pedagogical practices in traditional, blended, and online teaching environments. Consultations are confidential, non-evaluative, and collaborative.
Steps of a Teaching Consultation
- Submit a Teaching Services Request detailing your question, problem, or idea. Be sure to include any supplemental documents that your consultant might need to address your request.
- Your request will be forwarded to an appropriate specialist in our office, and your consultant will contact you to set a date and time for your meeting.
- During the meeting, the consultant will discuss the topics noted in your request, assist you in developing and/or implementing strategies for improvement, provide feedback on any supplemental materials you submitted for review, and provide you additional resources as needed.
- You and your consultant might decide to schedule follow-up meetings to discuss feedback and provide support as you implement changes in your teaching practice.
- Depending on your needs, a consultation might lead to a teaching observation or mid-semester student feedback session.
View Possible Consultation Topics
We’re available to consult with you on all things teaching-related. Some of the more common consultation topics include:
- Course and syllabus design
- Active learning strategies for engaging students
- Inclusive teaching strategies
- Designing assignments
- Grading student work
- Developing rubrics and assessment tools
- Classroom management
- Interpreting student evaluations of instruction
- Writing a teaching philosophy statement
- Compiling a teaching portfolio
- Creating accessible course materials
- Effective use of instructional technologies
- Converting face-to-face courses to flipped, blended, or online formats
Last updated: 10/3/2023