Teaching with Folio
Folio is Georgia Southern University’s branded version of the D2L Brightspace learning management system. It allows faculty to share resources with, collect assignments from, provide feedback to, and update grades for students in courses across modalities. It also allows faculty to administer fully online courses.
The Faculty Center offers regular training on Folio tools and features and other teaching and learning tools. To schedule a one-on-one consultation with an Instructional Designer, please submit a myhelp ticket (select faculty center).
- Teaching Online Course Workshop (TOC): Registration page for the Teaching Online Courses Workshop.
- Folio Learning Path (FLP) Registration page for the Folio Learning Path (FLP).
- Teaching with Folio Guides: Folio step by step resources.
- Folio Template: The Folio Template provides a structural foundation for an online course consisting of editable web-based pages and a set, of course, tools, like discussion forums and assignments.
- Student Accommodations in Folio: Student accommodation resources.
- Folio Student Enrollment
- Folio Publisher or Product Integrations
- Cross-Listing: Combine two or more sections into one Folio course. Request cross-listing as early in the semester as possible (Learning Technology Support manages these requests)
- Folio Jumpstart Guide: Here you can find guidance on how to begin to build a learning module for an online course.
- Faculty Center YouTube Channel: Watch and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Here you will find previously recorded workshop or Folio support videos.
- Folio One-Page Guides: One-page instructions geared toward the basics inside an online course, including pedagogical best practices, workload management, and more.
Last updated: 9/11/2023