Dual Enrollment Eligibility
IMPORTANT! Students interested in participating in dual enrollment should speak with their high school guidance counselor before starting the application process.
To be eligible for the dual enrollment program you must:
- Attend a private or public secondary educational institution within the State of Georgia or a home study program operated pursuant to §O.C.G.A. 20-2-690 that has been approved by the Georgia Student Finance Commission as a dual enrollment participating school. Ask your guidance counselor to be sure your school is approved to participate.
- Submit qualifying test score.*
- The minimum score on the Redesigned exam must be at least a 1050 (Evidence-Based Reading & Writing section score + Math section score). The State of Georgia requires that you also earn at least a 480 on the Evidence-Based Reading & Writing test score and a 440 on the Math test score. Valid old SAT scores are also accepted and converted to Redesigned scores using the converter tool provided by The College Board.
- The minimum composite score must be at least 20. The State of Georgia requires you also earn at least a 17 in English or Reading and a 17 in Math.
- Minimum scores required (NextGeneration ACCUPLACER): 237 Reading, 258 Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics; 4 WritePlacer
- To schedule an appointment to take the ACCUPLACER exam at Georgia Southern, please contact Testing Services at 912-478-5415 (Statesboro) or 912-344-2582 (Savannah).
- Be a high school junior or senior or at least 16 years of age by the time of enrollment. Students wishing to participate in dual enrollment prior to their junior year or age 16 may appeal.
- Have a high school academic unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher (as calculated by the Office of Admissions).
- Complete the GAfutures Dual Enrollment Scholarship Application with your parent/guardian and high school counselor. This form must be completed and submitted prior to being advised by your Dual Enrollment advisor.
- Be on track to complete the Required High School Curriculum, as defined by the University System of Georgia.
- 4 English Credits
- 4 Math Credits
- 4 Science Credits
- 3 Social Science Credits
- 2 Foreign Language Credits (Same Language)
- Submit the online Georgia Southern application for admission.
- Select dual enrollment as the student type
- Select no in reference to the fee waiver on the last page of the application. This allows us to waive the application fee.
*We can only make a decision based on the highest scores that we receive. Please make sure that scores are up-to-date. If you submit scores and then take the test again, then you may submit the new scores for us to review. We will simply reassess your file and make another decision based on the updated scores. Georgia Southern will accept current and redesigned SAT scores for admission.
**Accuplacer scores are only being used for Dual Enrollment admission at this time, not for incoming freshman admission.
Last updated: 10/18/2021