Dual Enrollment Eligibility
IMPORTANT! Students interested in participating in dual enrollment should speak with their high school guidance counselor before starting the application process.
To be eligible for the dual enrollment program you must:
- Attend a private or public secondary educational institution within the State of Georgia or a home study program operated pursuant to §O.C.G.A. 20-2-690 that has been approved by the Georgia Student Finance Commission as a dual enrollment participating school. Ask your guidance counselor to be sure your school is approved to participate.
- Have a high school academic unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher (as calculated by the Office of Admissions).
- Be on track to complete the Required High School Curriculum, as defined by the University System of Georgia.
- 4 English Credits
- 4 Math Credits
- 4 Science Credits
- 3 Social Science Credits
- 2 Foreign Language Credits (Same Language)
- Be a high school junior or senior or at least 16 years of age by the time of enrollment. Students wishing to participate in dual enrollment prior to their junior year or age 16 may appeal; however, this does not mean they will get Dual Enrollment Scholarship Funding. Please see the GAFutures Dual Enrollment Eligibility website for more information.
- Complete the GAfutures Dual Enrollment Scholarship Application with your parent/guardian and high school counselor. This form must be completed and submitted prior to being advised by your Dual Enrollment advisor.
- Submit the online Georgia Southern application for admission.
- Select dual enrollment as the student type
- Select no in reference to the fee waiver on the last page of the application. This allows us to waive the application fee.
There are minimum requirements for students to participate in certain courses. Please review this document for specific details.
Last updated: 5/12/2023