All students wishing to apply as a dual enrollment student at Georgia Southern must complete the Application for Undergraduate Admission and submit all necessary documents listed below to the Office of Admissions.
- Application for Admission: We recommend completing the application online. On page three, “Enrollment Information,” choose application type “Dual Enrollment.” This will trigger your application fee waiver.
- Official High School Transcript: Your guidance counselor should send us an official copy of your transcript with a listing of all courses and grades to date.
- List of Current Courses in Progress: You can include this on your Application for Admission or it can be included with your transcript.
- Official SAT or ACT Scores: These need to be sent to us from the testing agency – The College Board or ACT.org.
- Completed Dual Enrollment Student Participation Agreement: Please print this form and complete it fully with your guidance counselor and parent/guardian. It should be returned to Devon Hodges by the student or guidance counselor in order for an admission decision to be made. The form can be submitted via email (dhodges@GeorgiaSouthern.edu) or dropped off in person to Lewis Hall.
- AP Exam Scores & Previous College Credit: While not needed to be admitted, you will need to send Georgia Southern any AP exam scores for which you can earn credit (check here to see needed scores). If you have earned college credit through other means, for instance you have been dual enrollment at another institution, you must send official transcripts from those schools to Georgia Southern. Please email Devon Hodges if you will be sending a college transcript so that your credit can be applied as soon as possible.
Students must be a high school Junior or Senior or at least 16 years of age by time of enrollment to participate in dual enrollment.
Priority Dual Enrollment application deadlines ensure that students can be fully processed, advised, and registered for courses needed for high school graduation. Later applications will be accepted, but it decreases the likelihood of getting a course schedule that fully meets the needs of the student. Students should also pay close attention to deadlines set by their high school and county, which are often earlier that Georgia Southern deadlines.
- Fall Term: May 1
- Spring Term: November 1
- Summer Term: April 1
Please be aware of the following final Admissions Deadlines:
- Spring 2019: December 1, 2018
- Summer 2019: April 1, 2019
- Fall 2019: August 1, 2019
Last updated: 4/27/2019