Recently admitted students beginning the dual enrollment program will receive an email with information regarding advisement and next steps.
Students awaiting admission are encouraged to visit the Admissions Status Check page for more information.
Dual Enrollment students are required to complete an online orientation prior to their first semester of Dual Enrollment classes. Information will be provided by Dual Enrollment academic advisors in the Office of Advising.
For more information about orientation, please click here.
All students in the dual enrollment program must meet for advisement each semester. One purpose of advisement is to ensure that students are enrolling in classes approved by their high school counselor to meet graduation requirements. A key part of advisement also includes the opportunity to discuss majors and plans for the future.
After you have been accepted by Admissions you will receive an email sent to the email address that you used when you applied to Georgia Southern with information on how to sign up for advisement.
Make sure you have done the following before signing up for your New Student Dual Enrollment Advisement Appointment:
- Met with your high school counselor to discuss your dual enrollment course plan. Your high school counselor must submit your approved courses before you sign up for your new student advisement appointment with your Dual Enrollment Academic Advisor.
- Completed the student and parent/guardian portions of the GAFutures scholarship application. This must be completed prior to scheduling your appointment with your Georgia Southern Academic Advisor.
- Register for Classes
- Complete Dual Enrollment Online Orientation
- Submit Exam or AP Scores for Course Credit
- Submit Immunization Forms to Health Services
- Failure to submit immunization forms will delay or prevent registration in future terms.
- Purchase a Parking Permit (if applicable)
- Get your Eagle ID Card
- Pick Up Textbooks from the Book Store
- Check Student Account for Unpaid Balances
- Verify Attendance on the First Day of Classes
- Failure to verify your attendance may result in getting dropped from the course.
Last updated: 8/25/2021