Staying at Southern
To continue at Georgia Southern after high school graduation see the steps below. You can also check out the Admissions Checklist on the Office of Admissions website linked here.
- Complete the Staying at Southern Form.
- You don’t need to resubmit an admissions application.
- You will be required to submit your full schedule of senior year classes on the continuing student form.
- Submit an updated high school transcript showing grades through at least the junior year of high school.
- First-year students applying to Georgia Southern University through Summer 2024 can be admitted without an ACT or SAT score, if they have a GPA of 3.2 or higher.* Students who have a GPA of less than 3.2 should submit official ACT or SAT scores along with their high school transcript to be considered for admission. Send us official copies of your SAT/ACT scores (if needed) from the testing agency (SAT Code: 5253 / ACT code: 0830). We can only make a decision based on the highest scores that we receive. Please make sure that those scores are up-to-date. If you submit scores and then take the test again, you may submit the new scores for us to review. We will reassess your file and make a new decision based on the updated scores. Writing scores are not required for the ACT or SAT. Georgia Southern will take the highest Evidence-Based Reading & Writing and highest Math scores (or their equivalent from the old exam) for a combined total on the SAT. For the ACT, we will average your highest English, Math, Reading, and Science scores for the highest composite.
- After graduation, don’t forget to submit your final high school transcript.
Students who continue their studies at Georgia Southern are required to attend SOAR. Click here for more information.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Students can apply for scholarships through the MyScholarships Application which can be accessed through the Admissions Status Check Page.
For more information about scholarships, click here.
All students are encouraged to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application.
Advisement for your Major
Continuing students should check their email for more information about advisement and registration. For more information about advisement and registration as an incoming freshman, visit the Office of Advising’s page.
Attending Another Institution
To attend another institution after high school graduation students will need to request that their Georgia Southern transcript be sent to their new institution. Click here for more information about transcript requests.
Last updated: 4/4/2023