If students choose to continue at Georgia Southern after high school graduation they must:
- Complete the Continuing Student form where you will indicate if you want to begin in the summer or fall semester after graduation and which campus you plan to attend. You don’t need to apply again.
- Send an updated high school transcript showing grades through at least their junior year of high school. Students will also need to provide a full schedule of their senior year’s classes to Devon Hodges. Students must be accepted to Georgia Southern as a new freshman before they can register for classes. Students will be requested to send a final transcript after high school graduation as well.
- Abide by all new freshmen policies, including the First Year Live On Requirement.
Students graduating in 2019 who wish to stay at Georgia Southern after high school are required to attend SOAR again. Graduating Seniors will attend a freshmen two-day SOAR session.
Students are eligible and encouraged to apply for scholarships through the Office of Admissions for their first term after high school. The final deadline is February 1 of each year.
All students are also highly encouraged to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA for the 2019-2020 school year will open on October 1, 2018. To heighten your chances of receiving funding, submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid as soon as possible.
Dual Enrollment: Staying at Southern Session
Students that are currently dual enrolled at Georgia Southern and plan to continue as freshmen are invited to the Staying at Southern Information Session! Join us for a presentation from the Office of Admissions and the Office of First Year Experience to learn more about the transition from dual enrollment to full-time freshman at Georgia Southern. Financial Aid representatives and the Major and Career Exploration Center will also be available.
- Armstrong/Liberty Students: Monday, March 4th |Armstrong Student Union Ballroom C | 3-5 p.m. | REGISTER
- Statesboro Students: Tuesday, March 5th | Lewis Hall | 3:30-5:00 p.m. | REGISTER
If students choose to attend another institution after high school graduation they will need to notify their Georgia Southern advisor by completing the Intentions Survey which is sent in December of each year. Students will also need to request that their Georgia Southern transcript be sent to their new institution, which can be done through WINGS. Click here for more information.
Advisement and Major Declaration
Students graduating in 2019 who wish to stay at Georgia Southern after high school should check their Georgia Southern emails for more information regarding advisement. Students are highly encouraged to complete Career Service’s Focus Test prior to their advisement appointment. The Focus Test results will help students with the decision of declaring a major.
FYE 1220: First-Year Seminar
Graduating Dual Enrolled students who are planning on staying at Georgia Southern may be required to take FYE 1220: First-Year Seminar. The First-Year Seminar is Georgia Southern’s most intentional initiative to introduce students to college-level learning and help them make a successful transition to the university. Students will be notified by their advisor if they are exempted from the course. More on the exemption policy and waivers can be found here.