Dual Enrollment
Georgia Southern University

Continuing Students

Prior to Advisement

Dual enrolled students who wish to continue in the program from one semester to the next must first meet with their high school counselor to discuss what courses they need in order to fulfill high school graduation requirements. During the meeting the students must receive a completed Student Participation Agreement from their counselor to guide their advisement appointment at Georgia Southern. Students must bring the Student Participation Agreement with them to their advisement appointment.


Advisement for Fall and Summer 2020 will began in February. Students who have not been advised should check their Georgia Southern email for more information soon.


Continuing students register on their own. Dual enrolled students receive priority registration to ensure that they have access to the courses that they need to fulfill high school graduation requirements. Priority registration for Fall and Summer 2020 courses will begin March 23rd at 6:00 AM. Students should register themselves for classes as soon as possible.

GAfutures Dual Enrollment Scholarship Application

Dual enrolled students are required to complete the GAfutures Dual Enrollment Scholarship Application every semester to ensure that they receive the Dual Enrollment Scholarship to cover their tuition and non-course-related fees. Students should complete the GAfutures application before registering for classes. Failure to complete the application could result in students having to pay for their cost of enrollment or removal from courses. Students attending a private or public Georgia high school should complete the online application. Students attending a home study program should complete the paper application. Both applications can be found here.


The textbook pick-up process for continuing dual enrolled students will be similar to the process that was in place for the Fall 2018. Please check the Textbooks page for the most up-to-date information and forms.

Last updated: 1/17/2020