December 10, 2020: Faculty Accomplishments
Usually during the Fall term, we hold a reception honoring your academic and scholarly accomplishments from the previous academic year. Of course, COVID-19 prevents us from having a reception this year. But I still want to recognize all your hard work and accomplishments. Despite the challenges wrought by the pandemic, you were still able to advance your own research and scholarship in remarkable ways.
Here is a list of faculty accomplishments in the 2019–2020 academic year. Please note: these are the accomplishments of which our office has been notified through your deans and chairs.
· Faculty who earned promotions, tenure, or 5-year review: 92
· Faculty who received research awards or grant recognition: 116 (including 26 first timers)
· Faculty who published books: 31
· Faculty who were listed as first/primary authors of at least one article or book chapter: 225
· Faculty who were listed as the primary author of another type of work (e.g. a major project, presentation, etc.): 14
· Faculty who were listed as secondary authors of at least one article or book chapter: 214
· Faculty who were recognized for juried creative activity: 30
· Faculty who received state, national, or international awards: 57
· Faculty who served in a leadership role at a state, national, or international level: 83
These are impressive accomplishments, indicative of Georgia Southern’s standing as a world-class research institution. Congratulations to all of you.
Carl L. Reiber
Provost & Vice President Academic Affairs
Last updated: 8/18/2021