Book Discussion Groups
Teach Students How to Learn: Strategies you can Incorporate into any Course to Improve Student Metacognition, Study Skills, and Motivation
(Saundra Yancy McGuire, 2015)
January 30 – February 20
From the Publisher:
Do you believe that students can learn more deeply and achieve more success than they are at present? Are you frustrated by unmotivated, disengaged students? In this book, the author provides specific, practical, research-based strategies to teach students how to learn. Mindset, Motivation and Metacognition are key to deeper learning. Come discover strategies that will positively influence student learning in your classes.
Attendance is limited to 10 participants; by registering you commit to attending all group meetings. Each participant will receive a copy of the book at the first meeting.
Register by January 21 to reserve your spot:
Facilitated by Debbie Walker
Course Registration Instructions
- Log in to the University Training Site with your Georgia Southern credentials.
- Log in as “Student” NOT “Instructor”.
- Locate the desired course or workshop that you would like to attend and click on the title.
- Click on the “Add to Cart” button. There is no fee attached to these workshops.
- Click on Checkout button.
If you have questions, please contact us at 912.478.0049 or email@example.com.
Last updated: 1/18/2018