Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL)
VISIT THE ARMSTRONG CAMPUS SUPPORT SITE
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) supports faculty and graduate teaching assistants (GTAs) in realizing their potential as educators and scholars committed to teaching excellence.
Furthering the Georgia Southern University mission to “create learning experiences informed by scholarly practice, research, and creative activities,” CTL promotes innovative, research-based approaches to teaching and learning.
Our programs foster a culture of teaching by bringing together a community of educators to learn from and with each other.
CTL events foster interdisciplinary conversations and collaboration on teaching and learning.
What can we do for you?
- Teaching consultations services including individual consultations, classroom observations, and collection of student feedback;
- Face-to-face workshops, brown bag conversations, and book discussion groups on teaching topics, including custom events to meet professional development needs in your department;
- Intensive, multi-session programs on Teaching and Learning Essentials, Course Design, and How Learning Works;
- Faculty Learning communities on the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning and other teaching topics;
- Teaching Certificates of Achievement.