Teaching Online Courses Program
The Teaching Online Courses (TOC) Program prepares and certifies faculty to deliver and design online courses at Georgia Southern University (GS).
The TOC Program consists of a six-week online workshop followed by a three-week course design practicum.
For special department training please contact the CTE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TOC Program Schedule
- Fall 2020
- TOC Workshop: August 31 – October 11 (6 weeks)
- TOC Design Practicum: October 26 – November 15 (3 weeks)
- Spring 2021
- TOC Workshop: January 25 – March 7 (6 weeks)
- TOC Design Practicum: March 22 – April 11 (3 weeks)
1. Online TOC Workshop
During the online TOC Workshop, participants discuss and address the challenges of teaching online, time management strategies, pedagogical models for course delivery and design, facilitating online engagement, using Quality Matters for quality assurance, and web accessibility. You may anticipate spending up to twenty-four hours to complete the workshop.
2. TOC Design Practicum
During the design practicum, faculty are paired with an instructional designer to help them build one online learning module that meets standards for quality course design. You may anticipate spending up to twelve hours to complete the practicum.
- Participants who complete all parts of the program at a satisfactory level receive a Teaching Online Courses Program certificate from the CTE.
- Our best estimate is that 36 hours will be needed to complete the program.
- None. No prior online teaching experience is necessary.
*Seats for the TOC Workshop and Program may be limited. Applicants will be notified of their status seven to ten days prior to the start of the event.
Last updated: 6/17/2020