Rapid Guide for Teaching Online – Continuity Plan
This page directs you to guidance, strategies, and resources for making quick changes that will enable you to deliver your traditional face-to-face course in an online environment effectively.
For a quick guide, download the document: Rapid Guide to Online Course Design. This download provides information about your online syllabus, designing online instruction, and academic honesty.
Folio Course for In-Depth Guidance and Tutorials
For more specific guidance, best practices in online course design and delivery, as well as recommended tools and tutorials, review Getting Started with Folio – for Faculty. The materials in this course are designed for faculty at all levels of online teaching expertise, from novice to expert. If you are locked out, contact the CTE at email@example.com.
Rapid Guide Boot Camp
Our Rapid Guide Boot Camp trainings will provide you an introduction to Folio tools. This two-hour boot camp is designed for faculty who have limited-to-no previous experience using Folio. In keeping with social distancing practices, we will be offering our boot camps virtually through campus-approved technology.
Request Additional CTE Support
Should you need additional support, click below to submit a description of your request. One of our staff members will contact you shortly to set up a consultation through e-mail, phone, or live face-to-face support.
Below is a list of additional references for up-to-date information on the COVID-19, as well as a range of resources for designing and delivering effective online instruction.
- Georgia Southern IT Virtual Resources for Faculty and Staff
- Keep Teaching USG
- So You Want to Temporarily Teach Online
- Moving Classes Quickly Online: No Cost Low Cost Options for Courses
- Desire2Learn Webinars: Transition to remote instruction with D2L
- FAQs for Instructor Online Transition Functionality
- Example COVID-19 Adjusted Syllabus Policies
- Assessment in a Time of COVID-19
To Share with Students
- Adjusting Your Study Habits During COVID
- Learning to Learn Online
- FAQs for Student Online Transition Functionality
Last updated: 3/27/2020