Folio is Georgia Southern University’s branded version of the D2L Brightspace learning management system. It allows faculty to share resources with, collect assignments from, provide feedback to, and update grades for students in courses across modalities. It also allows faculty to administer fully online courses.
The CTE offers regular face-to-face trainings on Folio features, but for immediate assistance, access the CTE Guide for Teaching Online Folio repository or schedule a one-on-one consultation with an Instructional Designer.
CTE Folio Template
The Folio Template provides a structural foundation for online course consisting of editable web-based pages as well as a set of course tools, like discussion forums and assignment dropboxes. Advantage to using the template include:
- Flexible design and structure
- Addresses many of the Quality Matters Rubric standards
- Compliant with federal web accessibility guidelines
- Based on research and best practice recommendations
- Georgia Southern University branding
- Easy to edit and adapt to your teaching style
Download the Template
- Click the button to download the template
- A file .zip will download to your computer – typically to the Downloads folder.
- Do not unzip this file. You will upload and install the .zip file in your course.
- Open Folio.
- Go to the course to which you would like to install the template. The course should not have any content or files.
- Select Edit Course from the menu.
- Select Import / Export / Copy Components.
- Under What would you like to do? Select Import Components.
- Choose Upload and select the .zip file you downloaded to your computer. Or drag and drop the .zip file on top of the Upload window.
- Select Import All Components. The process may take a minute or two.
- Once the process is complete, select View Content.
Additional Template Resources
Access CTE Resources for Teaching Online
Access step-by-step tutorials on Folio tools, integrations, and pedagogy through our CTE Guide for Teaching Online Folio course. Topics include installing the Folio Foundations Online Course Template; using Folio tools such as gradebook, quizzes, online discussions, and dropboxes for assignment submissions; and meeting federal guidelines for Web accessibility.
All Georgia Southern faculty are pre-enrolled in CTE Guide for Teaching Online, but sometimes a name or two eludes us. If you are not able to use the link or find the course in your Folio menu, please contact the CTE at email@example.com.
Submit a Folio Request Form
Folio Request Forms are managed by Learning Technology Support but are listed below for your convenience. If you have questions, please contact the Service Desk at (912) 478-2287.
Cross-Listing Request Form
Combine two or more sections into one Folio course. Content in cross-listed, sections including student work and grades, will be deleted and cannot be restored. Request cross-listing as early in the semester as possible. Cross-listing for each semester begins six weeks prior to the start of the semester, and no cross-listing will be completed after the second week of classes.
Submit Request Blank Folio Course Development Shell Request Form
Please use MyTechHelp to submit a ticket and request a blank course development shell.
Submit a Ticket Folio Student Enrollment Request Form
Enrollment is managed automatically by Banner, but if you need to override the system, make your request here.
Submit a Ticket Folio / Publisher Integration Deployment Request Form
Integrate publishers’ content into your Folio course. Please request after courses have been cross-listed.
Submit Request Folio / Product Integration Request Form
Submit a proposal to add a third-party product to the list of products that can be integrated into Folio.
Last updated: 5/18/2020