Folio is Georgia Southern University’s branded version of the D2L Brightspace learning management system. It allows faculty to share resources with, collect assignments from, provide feedback to, and update grades for students in courses across modalities. It also allows faculty to administer fully online courses.
The CTE offers regular face-to-face trainings on Folio features, but for immediate assistance, browse our library of Quickguides below or schedule a one-on-one consultation with an Instructional Designer.
Download Folio Quickguides
- Building a Learning Module > Using learning modules in Folio will allow you to organize instructional content in your online courses. Share course materials, including documents, video, links, and other resources.
- Communication > Under the Communication tab inside of Folio, you will be able to view students enrolled in your course and communicate with them.
- Discussions > Create discussions forums or reflections to created peer-to-peer or instructor-student interactions and conversations. Use discussion forums to discuss topics related to the course, collaborate on assignments and share work.
- Dropbox > Provides a place to collect student assignments, grades and provide feedback online.
- Grades > The grade section is the most important part of Folio. Learn to set up a grade book, grade assignments, discussions, track student’s progress and calculate final grades.
- Groups > Create group work areas for students. Groups can be assigned automatically, manually by the instructor, or chosen by the student. Students can belong to many groups in the same course, and each group can have its own discussion forum and dropbox folders.
- Quizzes > The quiz tool allows you to create, manage, and grade online quizzes. Folio allows for quiz questions that can be graded automatically, like multiple-choice questions, and more qualitative questions, like long answer questions.
- More Tools > There are many more features of Folio that enable you to build a flexible, and collaborative learning environment through integration, external learning tools, and multimedia.
Enroll in Folio Course: Getting Started with Folio for Faculty
The CTE offers an asynchronous Folio course to walk you through the basic training elements. To access this course, log into MyGeorgiaSouthern, go to Folio Courses, and search for Getting Started With Folio for Faculty. If you need access to this course please contact email@example.com.
Submit a Folio Request Form
Folio Request Forms are managed by Learning Technology Support but are listed below for your convenience. If you have questions, please contact the Service Desk at (912) 478-2287.
Cross-Listing Request Form
Combine two or more sections into one Folio course. Content in cross-listed, sections including student work and grades, will be deleted and cannot be restored. Request cross-listing as early in the semester as possible. Cross-listing for each semester begins six weeks prior to the start of the semester, and no cross-listing will be completed after the second week of classes.
Submit Request Blank Folio Course Development Shell Request Form
Please use MyTechHelp to submit a ticket and request a blank course development shell.
Submit a Ticket Folio Student Enrollment Request Form
Enrollment is managed automatically by Banner, but if you need to override the system, make your request here.
Submit a Ticket Folio / Publisher Integration Deployment Request Form
Integrate publishers’ content into your Folio course. Please request after courses have been cross-listed.
Submit Request Folio / Product Integration Request Form
Submit a proposal to add a third-party product to the list of products that can be integrated into Folio.
Last updated: 12/20/2019