Quality Matters: Improving Your Online Course
Contact the Center
for Teaching Excellence
Quality Matters is a leader in quality assurance for online education and has received national recognition for its scalable, peer-based approach and continuous improvement in online education and student learning.
The Improving Your Online Course (IYOC) workshop explores the QM Rubric and provides a framework to improve the quality of online courses. Participants use the QM Rubric to review their own courses and develop a plan to improve the design of an online course.
IYOC is a CTE prerequisite for official Quality Matters course review and certification.
- Certification to teach online at Georgia Southern.
- Two semesters of online teaching experience.
- An online course to improve.
- Participants who successfully complete the IYOC are eligible to download and print a certificate of completion from the Quality Matters website.
- Our best estimate is that a total of 18 hours (6 hours per week) will be needed to complete the program.
Register now for Fall 2019*
*Please log into your Georgia Southern email account prior to registration. Online seats are limited.
Registration Deadline: August 23, 2019
Last updated: 7/31/2019