Support for Part-Time Faculty
The Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) supports all faculty in our vision to promote reflective teaching and to further student success.
Thanks to our part-time faculty, Georgia Southern is able to offer students flexibility. In return, the CTE offers you the same for your professional development and teaching resources.
Please reach out to the CTE for teaching support by submitting a Teaching Services Request or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In consideration of part-time faculty schedules, the CTE has arranged professional development opportunities outside of regular hours. Explore our training schedule to find webinars that suit your schedule.
Registration: Be sure to register to receive the meeting link.
Professional Development Credit: To earn badge credit for a workshop or event, complete and submit an action plan for each individual event. For the other requirements for badge qualifications, see our Badges page.
- Our Folio Support page contains all resources related to Folio. We highly recommend using the Georgia Southern University Folio Template created, maintained, and provided by the CTE. Please note: FYE courses should already have a modified Folio Template built into the course.
- The Teaching Online page helps faculty in all stages of online course development. There are several resources for beginners through to advanced multi-week programs. The Resources tab has a large high-quality list of further support.
- CTE Instructional Designers have created a Web Accessibility Manual to help you meet ADA guidelines.
- The CTE Guide for Teaching Online houses video and written tutorials on Folio tools, integrations, and pedagogy. Follow the link and log in to access. Opens in Folio.
- Flex Ed: Adaptive Pedagogy for Unpredictable Paths: An asynchronous, self-paced Folio course where you will find tips, tools, and strategies to help you design courses flexible enough to adapt to shifting course modalities while also ensuring engaging learning experiences for students.
- Be sure to subscribe to the CTE YouTube Channel so you are notified when we upload new videos. Explore this playlist of recorded CTE webinars.
Look through our Services & Programs menu. Every service and program provided by the CTE are available to all faculty.
Can’t find what you need? Email us at email@example.com and we’ll work with you.
Last updated: 9/30/2020