Boot Camp: Guide for Teaching Online
Emergencies, illnesses, and severe weather can cause disruptions or cancellations to classes on campus, but university supported technologies make it possible to continue learning should such circumstances occur. What options are available to make up for the loss of class or lab or lab time? What technology is available to assist faculty and students in the remote learning process?
In this two hour boot camp, faculty will be introduced to Folio tools they can use to shift course delivery into an online format should need arise.
Topics covered will include:
- Building a learning module
- Using a the Folio gradebook
- Setting up interactive learning activities
- Creating assessments of student learning
*Please note, this is designed to be an introduction to Folio for faculty who have not taught online. This is not an advanced Folio workshop.
All trainings will be held via WebEx. Please register to ensure you receive the link to join the virtual training.
- March 24 | 9:00 – 11:00 am
- March 25 | 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- March 26 | 10:00 – 12:00 pm
- March 27 | 2:00 – 4:00 pm
- March 30 | 2:00 – 4:00 pm
- April 3 | 10:00 – 12:00 pm
- April 8 | 9:30 – 11:30 am
Can’t Attend a Training?
We’ve recorded one of our training sessions for your convenience. Follow along in your Folio course as you watch the training. Pause and replay as many times as needed.
For additional information on and assistance with shifting your course to remote instruction, visit our Guide for Teaching Online webpage.
Last updated: 4/9/2020