Georgia Southern Faculty Development Awards
The Faculty Senate Faculty Development Committee is pleased to announce the availability of funding in support of faculty development activities by faculty members. Funded by the University, the programs are designed to provide time and resources for the enhancement of the teaching-learning process with emphasis directed toward classroom instruction. Requests may include registration for conferences or supplies/materials/equipment for creative projects that affect the instructional process. The activity must take place between September 1 – December 31, 2021.
All submissions will be reviewed by the Faculty Senate FDC committee in a blind review process.
- Call for proposals open: May 10 – August 30, 2021
- Proposal Deadline: August 30, 2021 at 5 PM
- Activity must take place between September 1 – December 31, 2021
- Notification of award recipients: September 30, 2021
- Full-time faculty members are eligible.
- Funding Limit: $2500
- Funding – projects may be partially or fully funded.
- Limit one proposal per faculty member.
- Members of FS FDC committee are not eligible for awards.
- To maintain the blind review process, the applicant should omit name/initials or names/initials of any other associated persons, including students from the proposal.
- Applicants may request funding for only one destination/event/project.
- Applicants may request funding only for themselves.
- Applicants are responsible for itemizing each expense on the budget.
- Activity should take place between September 1-December 31, 2021.
- Requests for salary stipends will not be funded in this call.
- Requests for travel funds will be allowed per USG travel policy.
- Accepted proposals will submit a final report of activity.
The application form includes the following prompts:
- Describe in detail information about the conference or project. Include learning outcomes for projects.
- Describe how this activity will contribute to your professional development as a teacher and/or teacher-scholar. Identify how the activity will fill professional gaps or address a professional need.
- Describe how this activity will strengthen the program/department/college’s ability to support student success and/or how it aligns with one of the university’s major initiatives.
- Budget Narrative – clear and specific explanation or justification of each item.
Please note that the receipt of any award used for the development of creative and scholarly works and new materials, devices, processes, or other inventions which may have commercial potential is governed by the Georgia Southern University Intellectual Property Policy. University personnel are required to provide the Provost with a project disclosure on forms provided by the Office of Research Services and Sponsored Programs.
Last updated: 5/6/2021