Teaching Online Certificate
Contact Peter Berryman
or (912) 478-0049
Deadline to register: To be announced.
Please check back in April 2018 to register for our Summer session.
- Starts: To be announced
- Ends: To be announced
Participants take a six-week online class on online course design and delivery. The course covers basic principles of online course design and delivery, and introduces faculty to the Folio Foundation Course template, which facilitates the process of course design and development. The course lasts for 6 weeks and requires about 2-3 hours per week.
This is not a course on technology. The focus is on general course design and delivery principles.
- Focus your course by using clear and observable learning objectives at the course and module levels
- Align course objectives, assessments, learning activities, instructional materials, and technology to promote student learning
- Scaffold and chunk the learning process in the online environment
- Facilitate online discussions
- Employ strategies to increase teacher presence in your online course
- Use the Quality Matters Rubric to design your online course
Participants who complete all work in the course at a satisfactory level receive a Teaching Online Certificate from the COL.
- Stipend: No
- Summer 2018 Registration: To be announced
Deadline: To be announced.
Last updated: 2/27/2018