Course Development Program
Call for Proposals: Deadline January 24th
Contact Stacy Kluge
or (912) 478-0049
- Spring 2018: The call for proposals for Spring 2018 opens on November 17, 2017, and closes on January 24th, 2018.
- Timeline: 1 semester (The course development period runs from January 29th – April 20th, 2018.)
- Stipend: Yes
The purpose of the Course Development Program is to assist academic units with developing online courses for their online program areas. Deans, Chairs, and Online Program Coordinators decide which courses need to be developed and who will develop and teach the courses. Instructional Designers from the Center for Online Learning work one-on-one with the appointed course developers to design and develop the courses.
Develop a fully online course that
- Meets nationally recognized standards for online course quality
- Utilizes the Georgia Southern branded Folio Foundations Template *
- Complies with the Americans with Disabilities Accessibility Guidelines
*The template promotes a consistent look, feel, organization and navigation for courses offered within an academic program.
Prior to participation in the Online Course Development Program, course developers need to complete the Teaching Online Certificate. Contact Stacy Kluge at email@example.com if you do not know if you previously completed the certificate course.
Course developers must complete four workshops during the Course Development Program:
- Folio Foundations: Create a Learning Module
- Folio Foundations: Grade book
- Web Accessibility Workshop – online
- Choose one more from our catalog of technical workshops.
Additional training requirement is waived if participant completed each workshop previously.
Submit a Proposal
- The course must be approved for online delivery through official channels. View the instructions on how to ascertain if a course has already been through the approval process.
- The online course must be approved by the the departmental chair and the program coordinator.
- The course must be offered completely online.
- The course development must be completed within one semester.
- If the course was developed through the course development program previously, it may be redeveloped (refreshed) if more than two years have passed since initial development.
- A Memorandum of Agreement must be signed by the Dean, Chair, program / assessment coordinator, and faculty developer. Courses must meet the terms of the MoA. Review the Memorandum of Agreement.
- Registration is now Open.
Deadline: January 24th, 2018 is the registration deadline for Spring 2018.
Last updated: 11/15/2017