Folio Foundations Tutorials
Need to know how to use Folio and other instructional technologies?
Four Ways to Train:
||Face-to-Face Workshops (see training calendar).
||Video Tutorials for Folio — also called Brightspace or Desire2Learn.
||Folio Online Course -Log into MyGeorgiaSouthern, go to Folio Courses and search for Getting Started With Folio for Faculty. If you need access to this course please contact COL.
||Folio written tutorials (Folio Quickguides – see below).
Contact the Center
for Online Learning
Folio is Georgia Southern University’s learning management system. It allows faculty to share resources, collect assignments, and provide feedback to the student in their courses.
Folio has many features that can help you better engage with your students, and we’ve created Folio Quickguides that outline how to use them.
- Building a Learning Module > Using learning modules in Folio will allow you to organize instructional content in your online courses. Share course materials, including documents, video, links, and other resources.
- Communication > Under the Communication tab inside of Folio, you will be able to view students enrolled in your course and communicate with them.
- Discussions > Create discussions forums or reflections to created peer-to-peer or instructor-student interactions and conversations. Use discussion forums to discuss topics related to the course, collaborate on assignments and share work.
- Dropbox > Provides a place to collect student assignments, grades and provide feedback online.
- Grades > The grade section is the most important part of Folio. Learn to setup a grade book, grade assignments, discussions, track student’s progress and calculate final grades.
- Groups > Create group work areas for students. Groups can be assigned automatically, manually by the instructor, or chosen by the student. Students can belong to many groups in the same course, and each group can have its own discussion forum and dropbox folders.
- Quizzes > The quiz tool allows you to create, manage, and grade online quizzes. Folio allows for quiz questions that can be graded automatically, like multiple-choice questions, and more qualitative questions, like long answer questions.
- More Tools > There are many more features of Folio that enable you to build a flexible, and collaborative learning environment through integration, external learning tools, and multimedia.
Request Help with Folio
The Center for Online Learning is our main source of contact for help using Folio. We provide training and help troubleshoot issues in our course sites. We also assist faculty who want to integrate technology into the course curriculum and partner with them to design fully online, hybrid, or face-to-face courses.
Learn more about Folio Foundation and Special Workshops.
Last updated: 1/2/2018