Six Strands of Training
Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports – Promote evidence-based practices from the three-tiered framework.
- Create and implement a positive school climate through school-wide PBIS.
- Develop sustainable PBIS practices in schools including methods to increase the effectiveness of school-wide PBIS at the classroom level and strategies for building school-level and district-level capacity/leadership.
- Develop interventions to be deployed in schools for students who need more intense interventions, including students with disabilities or students considered to be at risk.
- Identify areas to increase communication with parents and community partners for shared leadership and school improvement .
Mental Health – Infuse behavioral and mental health into a tiered PBIS system.
- Identify students with behavioral and mental health needs and develop evidence-based practices within an ISF.
- Understand the teacher’s role in addressing students’ behavioral and mental health needs.
- Utilize the expertise of clinicians to improve student outcomes.
- Identify areas to increase communication with parents and community partners to improve mental health intervention delivery.
School Safety – Understand school safety planning categorized by prevention/mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery.
- Identify sustainable school safety strategies that create safe, stable, and supportive environments for all staff and students.
- Apply data integration strategies to guide in the program planning of universal interventions that impact school safety.
- Utilize an effective stakeholders network that includes students, staff, parents and community members.
Social Emotional Learning – Promote evidence-based practices for teaching students self-awareness, self-control, and interpersonal skills that are critical to success in school.
- Increase social and emotional skills to help improve student’s overall mental health, social interactions and academic performance.
- Identify strategies for self-management, self-awareness, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision making.
- Identify areas to increase communication with parents and community partners to improve social emotional intervention delivery.
Restorative Practices – Promote practices that promote respect, dignity, and mutual concern.
- Identify the 5 Rs of restorative practice; relationship, respect, responsibility, repair, and reintegration.
- Develop interventions to address restorative practices for individual and school-wide interventions.
Mindfulness and Wellbeing – Infuse mindfulness and wellbeing principles, theories and practices into daily curriculum.
- Increase staff awareness of reducing stress and anxiety in the educational environment, increasing attention and focus, and improving self-care for both students and teachers.
- Increase mindful awareness of teachers and students.
Call for Proposals close December 1, 2022.
Last updated: 8/12/2022