Pre-Professional Career Aspiration Grant
The Office of Career and Professional Development has established a new grant opportunity for Pre-Law and Pre-Medical students which will cover the entire cost of an LSAT or MCAT preparation course. This opportunity is available each year for Pre-Law and Pre-Medical students at Georgia Southern University. Keep reading for more information.
The 2023-24 application is now closed. Award recipients will be announced by Friday, November 10, 2023. Check back for more information about future grant awards.
Grant Eligibility Requirements:
- A 3.5 cumulative/overall GPA
- Applicant must be a junior (60+ credit hours), a senior (90+ credit hours), or a degree-seeking post-baccalaureate Georgia Southern student
- Must have the ability to commit up to 42 hours of live instruction during the semester the preparation courses are offered
- Submit the completed application form here.
- If available, provide your Practice LSAT or Practice MCAT scores. (If you do not have these scores, the committee will still review your application.)
- Please have your recommender for the grant download, complete, and submit the recommendation form by sharing this link and have them send it directly to email@example.com.-Please submit a copy of your Financial Aid Award Information page from WINGS.
- Award recipients will be enrolled in a Pre-Professional Test Prep program from Kaplan, Inc. in spring 2024. The MCAT Preparation Course (retail value $2399) is 42 hours of live instruction. The LSAT Preparation Course (retail value $1199) is 32 hours of live instruction.
- Awards will be granted based on the quality of the application submission, the strength of the letter of recommendation, and the student’s financial need.
- Grant recipients will be notified on Friday, November 10
- During the week of November 13 to November 17, students will be required to select the dates of Kaplan test prep classes and provide that information to firstname.lastname@example.org for the LSAT preparation course or email@example.com for the MCAT preparation course
Last updated: 10/30/2023