Construction Management prepares individuals to be leaders in the construction industry. Construction managers facilitate the design and construction of projects by managing resources (e.g. people, equipment, materials, money, and time); understanding construction contract law and the various forms of dispute resolution; being knowledgeable of safety standards; and having a solid understanding of estimating construction costs and scheduling of construction project activities. CM professionals are highly valued leaders of construction project teams; coordinating the project team to ensure project quality and timeliness while staying within the client’s budget. The Georgia Southern Construction Management program is accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE).
- Bachelor of Science in Construction
- Specializations: Construction estimating & scheduling, Building information modeling (BIM), Project Cost Analysis, Green and sustainable construction, Project Management, Construction Safety, and Construction Equipment
- Building/Construction Inspector
- Building Estimator
- Environmental Analyst of Construction Project
- Building Manager
- Construction Inspector
- Construction/Project Manager
- Cost Engineer/Estimator
- Energy Conservation Specialist
- Field Engineer
- General Contractor
- Home Builder
- Manufactured Home Salesperson
- Manufacturer’s Field Representative
- Project/On-site Engineer
- Professional Contractor
- Sales Representative
Sample Work Settings
- Construction Companies
- Entrepreneur (own business)
- Manufacturing Plants
- State/Local/Federal Government
- Brasfield & Gorrie, LLC
- JE Dunn Construction
- Choate Construction Company
- New South Construction
- Balfour Beatty Construction US
- Holder Construction Company
- TIC The Industrial Company
- Winter Construction
- Reeves Construction Company
- Parrish Construction Group
- CDM Smith
- Garbutt Construction Company
- Batson-Cook Construction
- Turner Construction Company
- Army National Guard
- C. A. Murren & Sons Company, Inc.
- HITT Contracting Inc.
- Evans General Contractors
- Young Contracting/SE
- HENSEL PHELPS
- Neff Rental
- Pope Construction
- Howard Lumber
- United Forming, Inc.
Connecting Majors, Skills, and Occupations
- View learning outcomes associated with your major in the Georgia Southern Academic Catalog:
- Explore the connection between occupations and skills in O*Net:
- Use Handshake to upload your résumé and explore internships and jobs. For more information:
To explore values, interests, and skills:
FOCUS 2 bit.ly/focuscareer
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) – $15
Self Directed Search – $15
To explore occupational outlooks and salaries:
National Compensation Survey
National Association of College and Employers (NACE)
American Council for Construction Education
Associated Builders and Contractors
Associated General Contractors of America
Georgia Southern Student Organizations
Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
- Use the Surveying-Geomatics Program Pathway to gain an embedded certificate.
- Join a student organization.
- Include ACCE accreditation in the Education section.
- Include internship/co-op experience.
- Include project experience such as senior project.
- Include specialization.
- Include certifications such as Surveying-Geomatics.
- Include professional associations CMAA.
Last updated: 6/28/2013