Current students and alumni can schedule appointments with Career & Internship Advisors to discuss majors & career exploration, résumé assistance, cover letter & other professional correspondence support, job, internship & co-op search, practice interviews, and graduate school exploration. Appointments are available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. with advanced notice. See below for instructions on how to schedule an appointment and more information about appointment times.
If an appointment slot isn’t available or you would like immediate assistance, you may also visit us for drop-in hours.
- If the link above does not prompt you to log in, simply log-in to your Handshake account and select Career Center > Appointments > Schedule a New Appointment. Select your Home Campus* > Appointment Type
- *Students/Alumni considered “Online” can choose the campus closest to their location or the campus that you had a previous connection to a staff member.
- Email us at email@example.com if you have difficulty scheduling your appointment. You may also contact us by phone at 912-478-5197.
- Video appointments will take place via Zoom or Google Meet. You will need a computer with a webcam or a tablet or phone with a camera, and you may need to download a browser plugin for Zoom. Your Career & Internship Advisor will provide a link to the virtual meeting through your university email and Google calendar. In your internet browser, click on the web address shared with you to start Zoom or Google Meet. If you have technical difficulties, you can send a message with your phone number to the OCPD staff member by clicking “Add Comment” in your appointment in Handshake. Then the appointment can switch to a phone appointment.
- Phone Appointments are also available to students and alumni. When making an appointment, be sure to include a phone number. OCPD staff member will call you at the number you provided at the time of your appointment. You will need to ensure your phone settings accept calls from unlisted/blocked numbers to ensure the call does not go directly to voicemail.
- In-person appointments will be conducted in the Forest Drive Classroom Building on the Statesboro Campus or the Student Success Center on the Armstrong Campus, unless otherwise noted below. Please arrive a few minutes early and check in at the front desk when you arrive. Statesboro appointments will be held in an open space to allow for maximum physical distancing. Staff members have an assigned area in the lab, and all visitors are required to wear a mask when they visit our space. Another student and Career & Internship Advisor may be meeting in the computer lab at the same time during your appointment, but 6 feet away. If you would like a more private option, please choose one of the other appointment mediums (phone or video) listed above.
- **Parker College of Business students choosing in-person appointments will meet with their Career & Internship Advisor in the Parker Business Building on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
If you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment, you can do this online through Handshake by following the same steps and accessing your original appointment.
Last updated: 8/31/2023