Cyber Forensics Department
In September 2017, the Department of Defense Cyber Crime Center (DC3) recognized Georgia Southern University – Armstrong Campus as a Center of Digital Forensics Academic Excellence (CDFAE) for its academic programs and operational forensics capabilities.
The Cyber Forensics Department supports industry and community partners through services such as digital device audits, data analysis, recovery of data and provides civil legal support for cases such as breach of contract, child support, custody, divorce, probate, copyright issues. These activities allow our analysts and our students who are industry certified examiners before graduation to gain real-world relevant skills practice and knowledge.
The CACE CFD operates a state of the art digital forensics lab equipped with the latest industry-standard equipment and software for Forensics Recovery of Evidence Devices (FRED) manufactured by Digital Intelligence, the latest versions of FTK software suite, and EnCase software suite, Cellebrite Universal Forensics Extraction Device Touch (UFED) with Physical Extractor/Analyzer and related equipment and software such as Lantern 4 (a logical extraction suite for IOS and Android phones), Mobile Phone Examiner, and Internet Evidence Finder.
The CACE Civil Cyber Forensics Department can provide a wide range of services involving the forensic examination of computers, cell phones, smartphones, and other electronic devices:
- Case by case civil legal evaluation for each cyber investigative initiative
- Imaging of digital storage devices with confirmation of evidential integrity.
- Data preservation and recovery services.
- Identify and recover erased or deleted data (Pictures, Cell phone calls, Email, Text messages, Files, and User activity).
- Document user and file activity
- Data sifting that includes advanced keyword searches, date searching, and data segregation.
- Data Linking
- Authenticate data files.
- Provide a historical record of the content of files, including recovered data and files.
- On-scene recovery and preservation of volatile memory in a forensically sound manner
- Properly prepare and package electronic storage devices for evidence
- Conduct proactive computer system audits
- Data wiping service
- Device Audits
- Vulnerability Assessments to include personnel, physical security, and network analysis
Fee Structure: Initial Consultation is Free
Forensics Hourly Rates
Civil / Corporate Forensics $200.00 per hour
Criminal Forensics $250.00 per hour
* Additional charges may be added for resources such as storage devices if not provided by client.
Expert Witness Services
Expert Testimony (Minimum 2-hour charge) $250.00
Client Consultation / Research $175.00
Last updated: 3/28/2019