AFCEA Cyber Security Scholarship
The AFCEA Educational Foundation is offering scholarships of $5,000 to students actively pursuing an undergraduate degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, Information Technology, Electronic Engineering, or a related field.
In addition to the basic online application, there are two short answer questions that applicants must answer:
- Please provide a brief synopsis of your current academic program including degree requirements, anticipated graduation date and why you chose the program.
- Please provide a personal statement outlining your career goals and explain how they will contribute to the American workforce in the areas related to STEM, defense, communications, information technology, national security and/or information systems and the mission of AFCEA.
- A current official transcript issued by the school Registrar’s Office
- Minimum of two letters of recommendation required from faculty members in the applicant’s major of study
- Applicants may also submit a third letter of reference or resume.
A current overall GPA of 3.0 or higher in their current program at an accredited U.S. college or university required at the time of application.
Instructions for electronic submission of the recommendation letters will be provided to the endorsers automatically as part of the online application process – please do not mail separately. Letters of Recommendation are not accepted from applicants. If the endorser does not receive the email, letters can be emailed to email@example.com.
Letters will be addressed to:
AFCEA Educational Foundation
4400 Fair Lakes Court
Fairfax, VA 22033
If anyone needs help in facilitating their applications for this scholarship contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a self apply opportunity, but we will help anyone that would like their packets reviewed prior to submittal. We look forward to helping and mentoring all of our applicants.
Application Link – The AFCEA Educational Foundation
*DEADLINE TO APPLY IS APRIL 12*
Last updated: 2/25/2019