AFCEA Cyber Security Scholarship
AFCEA (formerly known as the Armed Forces Communication and Electronics Association) is a professional association that connects people, ideas and solutions globally.
AFCEA does that by developing networking and educational opportunities and providing them worldwide in an ethical manner. This enables military, government, industry and academia to align technology to meet the needs of those who serve in critical areas, which include defense, security, cyber and intelligence.
As a member-based, nonprofit 501(c)6 organization, AFCEA has long history of encouraging innovation and advancing technology to ensure preparedness and security. AFCEA officially formed in 1946, but the organization’s roots trace back to the Civil War.
The association includes individual members and corporate members, and AFCEA’s international regional chapter network helps members build networks, grow relationships and expand opportunities. AFCEA members and constituents include professionals in military, government, industry and academia.
The AFCEA Educational Foundation is offering STEM Major Scholarships
- STEM Major Scholarship ($2,500)
- Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship ($3,000)
- Cyber Security Scholarship ($5,000)
- Student Member Scholarship ($2,500)
- Note that there is ONE application form for all STEM Major Scholarships; applicants will be considered for all AFCEA STEM Major scholarship opportunities for which they are qualified. The application is found as a button on the link above.
- Undergraduate candidates must be at least second-year college students enrolled as sophomores or juniors full-time in a four-year college or university at the time of application. Online programs are eligible.
- A current GPA of 3.0 or higher in the current program at an accredited U.S. college or university A current required at the time of application.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
The following categories of students are NOT eligible for STEM Majors scholarships:
- Students attending a community college and planning to attend a four-year university
- Students attending a two-year college
- Freshman or seniors in a four-year university
- High school seniors
- See the link to the page above for the full application process.
If anyone needs help in facilitating their applications for this scholarship contact us at email@example.com. This is a self apply opportunity, but we will help anyone that would like their packets reviewed prior to submittal. We look forward to helping and mentoring all of our applicants.
Last updated: 1/24/2023