Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find questions that are commonly asked by students. If you do not find the information you need, please use the live chat on our webpage or reach out to your academic advisor.
If I am a new student to Georgia Southern, how will I get a schedule?
An advisor will make a schedule for you after you complete your Pre-Advisement Course in Folio. View the FAQ to learn more!
How do I use EAB Navigate’s Academic Planner and Course Scheduler?
Through EAB Navigate, students and their advisor(s) can work together to create short- and long-term academic plans. Here are some resources to help you use this resource:
- Guide to Academic Planner (picking which semesters you’ll complete each requirement)
- Guide to Course Scheduler (choosing your specific schedule for an upcoming semester)
- Video Walkthroughs for using Academic Planner and Scheduler
How do I find my advisement form and where do I find my RAN (registration access number)?
- If you have been advised, you will be able to find your advisement form in EAB Navigate. Click for step-by-step instructions on how to locate your advisement form or watch the video below
- Your RAN is located on your advisement form that is located in EAB. Review the step-by-step instructions on how to locate your advisement form or watch the video below.
How do I change my major or declare my minor?
If you are currently-enrolled at Georgia Southern University, you must complete the following steps:
- Log on to your My.GeorgiaSouthern portal account
- Under “Advisement Resources”, click on the “Change Major, Minor, or Campus” link to submit a change of major request
- Follow the directions to complete the changes you would like to make
- Check your Georgia Southern e-mail for formal notification of your change-of-major status and information on advisement/who will be your advisor
If you are not currently enrolled at Georgia Southern University, you will need to contact the Office of Admissions for enrollment questions.
How do I determine the format of my course?
Your courses will be asynchronous (online), hybrid, face-to-face or a mixture of these. There are three ways you can see how your course will be formatted. Click here to learn how!
Last updated: 5/12/2022