Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)
Georgia Southern University joined AASHE . Check out our school’s name on AASHE’s member list and home page [www.aashe.org]) AASHE is a membership-based organization of colleges and universities working to advance sustainability in higher education. As AASHE members, we have access to an array of online resources and numerous opportunities for networking, information sharing, collaboration, and professional development. In addition, anyone on campus can take advantage of the following:
- Resource Center – As members we can access AASHE’s extensive online resources, including assessment tools, fact sheets, publications, presentations, policy databank, reports, and other resources. Click here to establish an account and choose “create new account.” Use your campus email address as your username (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org). AASHE’s database will then send a password to your campus inbox. Go back to the login page, enter your username, and type or paste the emailed password into the password box. That will give you access to all of the locked resources in AASHE’s Resource Center. Each person on our campus (faculty, staff, or student) creates log in credentials for themselves. Email email@example.com if you have difficulty with this process.
- Discounts – We are eligible for reduced registration fees for conferences, workshops, and other AASHE-sponsored events, and receive discounts on products and services offered through AASHE.
- Professional Awards – AASHE administers a professional awards program to recognize outstanding efforts in advancing campus sustainability. The Campus Sustainability Achievement Award is presented to institutions that have demonstrated outstanding commitment to sustainability. The Student Sustainability Achievement Award is given each year for superior work in campus sustainability by an undergraduate from a member institution (such as ours).
- Directories – AASHE maintains online directories of Campus Sustainability Coordinators and other sustainability contacts at campuses that can directly benefit us.
- Publicity and Recognition – AASHE publicizes and celebrates member achievements through its newsletters, website, and other communications. The Member Spotlight highlights sustainability efforts of individual campuses such as ours.
- Authorized Use of Member Logo – We can use the AASHE Member Logo to emphasize our commitment to sustainability. This logo may also be used on signage, reports, brochures, and other publicity or display materials.
- Networking – AASHE events offer premier opportunities to connect with our colleagues at regional, national, and international levels, to share resources, and to collaborate with others on projects and publications.
- Professional Development – AASHE offers workshops and training at member campuses such as ours, and Interest Groups for us to connect with others and share our knowledge, ideas, and resources.
- Individual Consulting – AASHE offers individual phone and email consultation to members.
- Governance – We can participate in AASHE governance, committees, and working groups. In addition to the member benefits listed above, we can take advantage of the following AASHE resources:
- AASHE Bulletin – A free weekly e-newsletter that keeps subscribers up-to-date on the latest news, resources, opportunities, and events related to campus sustainability. You can sign up here.
- AASHE Update – AASHE’s bimonthly newsletter keeps all members informed about AASHE activities, programs, new resources, special announcements, and opportunities to get involved.
- Annual Conference – AASHE’s annual conferences brings together every sector of higher education as well as business, government, and NGOs.
Last updated: 5/8/2017