Policies & Procedures
CLICK HERE for a downloadable copy of these Policies & Procedures.
***PLEASE NOTE: These policies and procedures do not apply to University Departmental usage. Policies and procedures regarding University Departmental usage are coming soon.***
PRICE: Prices listed on this website are for reference only and are subject to change based on the number of event participants and the complexity of the event.
AVAILABILITY: Availability for organizations outside of the University is on a first-come, first-served basis. Academic or Departmental events may be given priority over events requested by an organization outside the University.
TICKET POLICY: If the event will be ticketed, the user agrees to the Performing Arts Center’s ticket policy:
- All tickets must be printed and sold exclusively by the Performing Arts Center Box Office. No outside tickets may be used.
- A 7% sales tax will be deducted from the Box Office gross revenue.
- For most events, a $1.00 per ticket printing charge will be assessed.
- For most events, The Performing Arts Center will receive 10% of the Box Office gross revenue.
- A Ticket Request Form must be filled out and returned to the Box Office Manager. On the Ticket Request Form, the user will be able to set the price of the tickets and the date on which they will be available to be purchased.
- Tickets can be purchased at the Performing Arts Center Box Office Monday-Friday from 10:00 AM-4:00 PM and starting one hour before the event and remaining open 30 minutes into the event.
MERCHANDISE POLICY: If merchandise will be sold at the event, the user agrees to the Performing Arts Center’s merchandise policy:
- User must inform the Performing Arts Center ahead of time that merchandise will be sold so that this provision can be added to the contract signed by both parties.
- If the user or his/her representatives sells the merchandise, the Performing Arts Center will receive 15% of the gross revenue.
- If the Performing Arts Center staff sells the merchandise for the user, the Performing Arts Center will receive 25% of the gross revenue.
USHERS: The user must provide his/her own ushers for the event. For most non-ticketed events, the user must provide 8 ushers. For most ticketed events, the user must provide 12 ushers. Ushers will be trained and managed by the Performing Arts Center’s House Manager. If the user cannot provide his/her own ushers, ushers will be arranged by the Performing Arts Center for $10 per hour per usher.
SECURITY: Due to possible crowd control issues, The Performing Arts Center may ask the user to provide security for a given event. Security must be arranged through the Georgia Southern University Police Department. User assumes all fees associated with providing security.
DEPOSIT: A $200 non-refundable deposit is required in order to hold a date with the Performing Arts Center.
CONTRACT: Once the $200 non-refundable deposit has been made, a contract will be written and signed by the user and the Performing Arts Center Director stating the balance due before the event, event dates and times, and all of our policies as they pertain to the event.
LIABILITY: During use of the facilities, the user agrees to indemnify and hold the Performing Arts Center blameless in the case of any personal or equipment harm occurring in or around our facilities or in any way related to the rental. Access to any unspecified area of the Performing Arts Center by non-Performing Arts Center personnel is strictly prohibited.
FOOD: No food or beverages will be allowed on stage or in the theatre house.
DOORS: Lobby doors will be open one hour before the event. Unless otherwise requested, theatre doors will be open 30 minutes before the event.
- Fill out the Rental Request Form found on this website.
- Return the completed form to the Performing Arts Center via email at email@example.com, by fax at (912) 478-1480, or in person at our offices.
- Call the Performing Arts Center to check availability of the requested date and give a brief description of the event.
- Once the requested date has been confirmed as available, a $200 non-refundable deposit is required to lock in the date for the event.
- A contract will be written detailing the balance due for the event, event dates and times, and outlining all of our policies as they pertain to the event.
- The Performing Arts Center will inform the user when the contract is complete and ready to be signed.
- If tickets are being sold for the event, an appointment will need to be made with the Performing Arts Center Box Office Manager to fill out the Ticket Request Form (not available on this website) and a W-9 Form.
- At least two weeks prior to the event, an appointment will need to be made with the Performing Arts Center Technical Director to discuss the production details of the event and equipment that will be needed.
- If the contract states that additional security is needed, user will need to confirm that the Georgia Southern University Police Department has been scheduled for the event.
- Before the day of load-in, the balance left on the rental fee will be due. It must be paid to the Box Office during business hours. No one will be allowed in the building until the balance has been paid.
- All users must enter through the loading dock at the load-in time stated in the contract. No one will be allowed in the building before the time stated in the contract, nor will the front of the building be open until one hour before the event begins.
- If tickets are being sold for the event, they will be available at the Performing Arts Center Box Office on the day of the event starting one hour before the event begins. They will be available until 30 minutes after the event begins.
- Ushers for the event must meet with the House Manager at least 45 minutes before the event begins to receive training and assignments. They must be in their assigned places before the House will be open for seating, 30 minutes before the event begins.
- After the event is over, load-out must be completed by the time stated in the contract or extra fees will apply.
- If tickets were sold for the event, a check made out to the user will be cut for the ticket revenue within 7-10 business days.