1st Georgia Southern University International Studies Undergraduate Conference
The Center for International Studies is asking all of our majors and minors to submit proposals to present outstanding research papers for the 1st Georgia Southern University International Studies Undergraduate Conference to be held April 1-2, 2014.
Required Information for Submission (via email):
- Project Title & Brief Description that will be printed in the program (50 word limit)
- Project Abstract (250 word limit)
- Equipment needs (e.g. DVD, PowerPoint)
- Full names and academic level of all student collaborators
- Your course schedule for this semester (so that we don’t schedule you for a panel that overlaps with another course you are taking).
- If the project originated as a class assignment, the course name and number (e.g. INTS 3130 or GEOG 3130, etc.)
- If the project has been previously presented, published or received an award, please provide the necessary names, dates and/or journal citations.
- NOTE: the final copy of your research project is due March 28.
Presentations will be part of a panel and will take the form of a 10 minute presentation of the research. You are encouraged to submit papers from previous classes that are already written. Panelists selected for the conference will have approximately 10 minutes to present their research. Panel chairs and discussants will also be present. Formal attire will also be expected of all panelists. Students may elect to provide handouts or utilize the technology available in our classrooms. If you are presenting a group project, you should select someone who will be responsible for all correspondence associated with the conference.
Submissions should be sent via email to Dr. Darin H. Van Tassell, who will serve as the Conference Program Chair. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awards will be presented to outstanding presentations and papers.
Deadline for receiving submissions is March 7, 2014. Successful applicants will be notified by email.